The New album is called Watershed : Out June 2nd

Dream band to tour with... Mikael: Tool.

When can we start the petition, and why hasn't this happened yet? I would fucking die happy if i saw a Tool/Opeth gig.

Could somebody highlight some of the best info posted in thist thread in the last.... 26 pages? :) Exclusive stuff, not stuff like the album name..

Thanks dudes:zombie:

I spent a few hours with them yesterday as me and Mikael were doing some PN08 press together.

He gave me a copy of the album and I've listened to it a few times already and it is FUCKING awesome!

It is BRUTAL and BEAUTIFUL at the same time....
I think I just coined a new term for Opeth's music: BRUTIFUL!

MP

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent a few hours with them yesterday as me and Mikael were doing some PN08 press together.

He gave me a copy of the album and I've listened to it a few times already and it is FUCKING awesome!

It is BRUTAL and BEAUTIFUL at the same time....
I think I just coined a new term for Opeth's music: BRUTIFUL!

MP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itvTInkbFMg

I hate you
Tell Us more about what you have heard

Eh i dont think DT is that bad. Almost everything up to Train of Thought was good. The latest two albums, however, sucked. theres nothing new anymore. they keep recycling the same stuff over and over again. its boring. i guess thats what you get when you refuse to let an outside producer in to help for the majority of your albums. i wish opeth was headlining Prog Nation, not DT, but im just happy to see Opeth, so it's all good.

Eh i dont think DT is that bad. Almost everything up to Train of Thought was good. The latest two albums, however, sucked. theres nothing new anymore. they keep recycling the same stuff over and over again. its boring. i guess thats what you get when you refuse to let an outside producer in to help for the majority of your albums. i wish opeth was headlining Prog Nation, not DT, but im just happy to see Opeth, so it's all good.

Can't blame them for their refusal to accept outside influence after the pure suckage that was Falling into Infinity. I actually think their releases are different enough from each other, granted not always in a good way. Octavarium sucked ass, Systematic Chaos was better by a mile, but still somewhat disappointing. One thing that no one can argue about with DT is that their lyrics will always suck. They are more erk-some than Labrie's vocals IMO.

edit: sorry about going off-topic....NEW OPETH ALBUM!

Eh i dont think DT is that bad. Almost everything up to Train of Thought was good. The latest two albums, however, sucked. theres nothing new anymore. they keep recycling the same stuff over and over again. its boring. i guess thats what you get when you refuse to let an outside producer in to help for the majority of your albums.

Can't blame them for their refusal to accept outside influence after the pure suckage that was Falling into Infinity. I actually think their releases are different enough from each other, granted not always in a good way. Octavarium sucked ass, Systematic Chaos was better by a mile, but still somewhat disappointing. One thing that no one can argue about with DT is that their lyrics will always suck. They are more erk-some than Labrie's vocals IMO.

Guess that just shows what they always say about opinions. Frankly, for me personally, I like all of Dream Theater's music. There are occasionally vocals and lyrics that I don't particularly care for (though for the most part I like those too, especially on the Images & Words album), but I like all of their music. Alas, to each his own....

Pre-emptive strike against any posters bitching about going off topic or wanting to chime in with their inevitably negative opinions about DT: I can't wait for the new Opeth album, though the title will have to grow on me.