The New album is called Watershed : Out June 2nd

Looking forward to it immensely. 7 tracks with 5 being 10mins or more!! Just the way I like.
Wrong information strikes again.
The album is only bit over 54 minutes long and only one song is over 10 minutes. Coil is the shortest one and it's not 7 minutes, it's 3:07 long. We talked about these earlier but this right information hasn't reached M-A yet.

:lol:

But I believe (just from hearing 'Heir Apparent') that this will be the most extreme, brutal Opethalbum ever :)

The guitars and drums must be EXTREMELY brutal if what you´re saying is true,if it´s the most brutal Opeth album despite Martins sell out-50-cent bass ,the other guys must be fucking brutal!

^ No, if anything the other way around. Expecting Watershed to be Opeth's 'most extreme, brutal Opeth album ever' is setting yourself up for disappointment. It, like every album before it, is a complex tapestry, with one song being more straightforward death metal.

Has anyone read the newest issue of Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles ?
It's supposed to have an in-depth Watershed studio report. Just wondering if it had something we didn't already know. :err:

I'm kind of out of the loop as to Opeth/new album news-- so is what everyone's talking about that live video of Heir Apparant? No audio yet? Just wondering, thanks

Yes, that's what everyone is talking about. If by "no audio" you mean 'no leaks', or high quality MP3 stuff, then yes, we are still waiting.

Has anyone heard anything about a VINYL release of the new album? Mike was referring to LP's in another thread and it got me thinking.