The New Edition

Jamo said:
can sum one please post some new artwork!!!!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/Opeth/showphoto.aspx?photoID=14307

OPETH_GHOST_SE-LORES.jpg

and with the help of the search function: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255842&highlight=GR+cover+art

Mr Samsara said:

i think he meant the new artwork in the booklet, not necessarily the new cover art (which is technically only new because the booklet has the same cover, but its not a jewel case...and thus not visible)

i like the artwork for ghost of perdition and baying of the hounds.

BurningSky said:
I thought it was a great doc. The improv with the martins and per was awesome and the fact that they called him Bass Player was a nice nod to the forum. Does anyone know what song is playing during the interlude that starts with "past meadow grounds.."?
past meadow grounds is a lyric from harlequin forest..but i dunno which interlude your talking about..sorry

I got it today! Kickass! GLad i got this. THe documentary is very good, like others have said. Could be longer, but it shows alot of cool and different stuff. Very sad, the talk about Lopez and all that stuff.

The Grand conjuration music video SUCKS, as we all knew.

Soldier of fortune is great, but the way he sings is unusual at first, but by the end of the track i was really into it.

The new artwork and linernotes kickass. Good shit.

I haven't listened to the 5.1 mix yet. Will do tomorrow.

I love you all.

Maggai said:
I must admit, i didn't notice the difference. :ill:

haha, honestly, it had been so long since i saw it that i could probably just remember differently is all. For some reason i just think there were more band shots. dunno. my memory isnt waht it used to be! or maybe i'm just looking for reasons to think its better. :lol:

Led Opeth said:
past meadow grounds is a lyric from harlequin forest..but i dunno which interlude your talking about..sorry

I know what the lyrics are from, I'm talking about the music playing while those lyrics are on the screen during the doc. Its an acoustic thing with keyboard i think. Quite beautiful part of a song, just wondering if anyone knows what song its from.

Also, Mike said they recorded 16 songs for D&D and used 14. I wonder if they just didnt like the others, or if they'll ever surface in the future.

A few observations...

1) I think the cats are Mike's - I seem to remember that Mike has two cats, and the place the interview shots with Peter are filmed looks like Mike's digs, if I remember the Kerrang bit about Mike's flat right. Either that or Mike and Peter have very similar taste in decor and pets.

Oh, and the cat stealing Pete's spotlight in one of the interview segments was pretty funny.

2) Soldier of Fortune is probably some of Mike's best clean singing ever.

3) Seeing "Martin 'Bass Player' Mendez" made me smile.

4) Not the usual weather for a barbecue. Still, those kebabs looked tasty.

5) I wish I had room for 5.1 speakers.

Holy shit the drums mix on Soldier of Fortune blows. That's my only complaint, i really like the special edition overall. Kinda makes me wish i never bought the first one, but oh well, that income has evened out by now.

The documentary is very nice. I loved the extras of the band on the road... Lopez with bananas in his belt holster, doing strange dances... creepy close up with a fog machine and blue lights "wakey wakey mr. lopez."

I believe the best part, aside from (Martin 'Bass Player' Mendez), was when Lopez was playing, and they were all comenting in the booth. "Nice!" "He really nailed that!" "Awesome!" ... then lopez stops playing and you imagine mikael hitting the button to talk to him... "that sucked... what the fuck were you thinking?"

something to that extent... ill have to give it another spin.