The Official Doom Thread

I listened to the first side of my Hallow's Victim LP today

Fuck, it really is almost as good as Saint Vitus s/t :kickass:
A little more up-tempo overall, from what I hear so far.

I think I like Dave Chanlder's writing better than Reagers'

Watching From a Distance is still amazing.

Im really enjoying Mirror of Deception's Shards.

Still awaiting the new Lord Vicar, Against Nature, Uorthodox and the re-releases of The Puritan, Iron Man, and Asylum.

I've been really liking Astral Sleep's Unawakening. Will be posting a Reco thread on it in the sub forum in a bit.

I listened to the first side of my Hallow's Victim LP today

Fuck, it really is almost as good as Saint Vitus s/t :kickass:
A little more up-tempo overall, from what I hear so far.

I think I like Dave Chanlder's writing better than Reagers'

I'm pretty sure Dave wrote almost all of Saint Vitus, but Reagers and Wino played a small part.

In other news. I've been listening to Wandering Midget a lot lately. This is a fucking great way to move on from Reverend Bizarre. It's not worship by any means, but it's taking the more upbeat moments and expanding upon them. Holy hell, if these guys progress musically, I think they'll be up there with Orodruin and Warning. It's a big if, but I think they have the potential.

why is it so hard to appreciate candlemass? some songs are great, but a lot just plod along. and Solitude is very overrated.

ive come to the conclusion that cathedral really isnt that good.

on the other hand, iron man and mirror of deception are brilliant

ive come to the conclusion that cathedral really isnt that good.

I'm with you on this one. They are the Steve Miller Band of Doom Metal. All hype/ pure shit.

Not doom-related, but I've bumped enough threads for one day. What's everyone's opinion of Denouncement Pyre? Australian blackened hybrid stenciled after D666. Nico was hyping them up for a bit, but never produced any samples.

I am the War God!!! :kickass::kickass::kickass:

agreed. after the 20+ minute first song, CD1 tapers off for me. the first few tracks of CD2 are great, but they should have ended with the AWESOME organ/synth/whatever outro of Caesar Forever.

i play slice of doom and harbinger of metal more than any of the others

Not doom-related, but I've bumped enough threads for one day. What's everyone's opinion of Denouncement Pyre? Australian blackened hybrid stenciled after D666. Nico was hyping them up for a bit, but never produced any samples.

I am the War God!!! :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Like all other non-D666 australian whatever you want to call the sub-genre bands; good but not as good as d666 (also includes: assaulter, grenade, destruktor, nocturnal graves etc etc)

Gospel of the Horns are probably my fave of the bunch, but they often suffer from bad vocalist syndrome

agreed. after the 20+ minute first song, CD1 tapers off for me. the first few tracks of CD2 are great, but they should have ended with the AWESOME organ/synth/whatever outro of Caesar Forever.

i play slice of doom and harbinger of metal more than any of the others

Caesar Forever is just fucking awesome.

I think a good portion of They Used Dark Forces could be cut with no negative effects. In Sorrow, it takes 15 minutes before the uptempo section comes in, which could easily be cut in half. Anywhere Out of This World could also use a bit of chopping. With these things in mind, this albums would've been much better, and far less of an endurance test...kind of disappointing that they went out like this, despite the fact that there's tons of amazing stuff here. Shouldn't have to dig for it.

Are all reverend bizzare albums essential? I only got in the rectory. And btw lord vicar is stocked at hellride, hopefully buying it this weekend

i wouldnt say essential, but all are worth owning.

i just dont know about the lord vicar. im torn on whether to order it.

are these worth owning:

Mourn - s/t
Dream Death - Back From the Dead