THE OFFICIAL DREAM THEATER DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before octavarium was released I was really pumped and I was counting down the days, and then when it came out someone told me it was crap so i didnt bother listening to any of it, lol.

I really hope they have 1 or more LTE style songs in the new album. Like universal mind :drool:. That song makes my insides go all happy.

This just in on the MP official forum... http://mikeportnoy.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1557221&mpage=1&key=&#1557221

Hey Gang,
Well we just mastered the album today, so it is now officially finished and will be in the hands of Roadrunner Records tomorrow!!

In order to be able to release the info before some obscure fan website in Poland does, here's the final track listing and Production credits for ya:

DREAM THEATER - SYSTEMATIC CHAOS
1. In The Presence of Enemies Pt.1
2. Forsaken
3. Constant Motion
4. The Dark Eternal Night
5. Repentance
6. Prophets of War
7. The Ministry of Lost Souls
8. In The Presence of Enemies Pt.2

Produced by John Petrucci and Mike Portnoy
Engineered and Mixed by Paul Northfield

More info is coming soon, so stayed tuned!
MP

Sounds pretty cool!!! :headbang:

Yeah, I have to +1 that. Those are pretty damn goofy song titles. Also sounds very dark and I hate DT's dark stuff. I think their lighter stuff alla Scenes and Six Degrees is where they excel (lighter in mood and arrangement, not meaning soft and fuzzy like Another Day, necessarily). Well, here's hoping.

Does it seem like that was awfully fast to be at mastering with the new record? I mean, it wasn't all that long ago that they were headed into the studio - and with all the crazy little arrangements DT does, I would think they should be at it for longer than most. Maybe they are just amazing workaholics, who knows. Still, that strikes me as a bit fast for anyone to assemble a well thought out album.

well considering 3/5 of DT on LTE wrote and recorded those albums in 2 weeks I'm sure they could work that fast on a regular basis. I think they did Train of Thought in about 2 or 3 weeks of writing time.

Yeah, I'm sure once they get going on an album, that's ALL they do til it's finished... Just go in, work ultra hard for a short amount of time, and come out with something cool... I reckon some of those titles are very Opethish... I'm sure the music will be great when it comes out... Hopefully they release the song lengths soon...

Well, I know for certain that one of the tracks is about 8 minutes, and there is a 25 minute epic, although it hasn't been confirmed if it has been split into two parts.

Neither can I, it's gonna be a long wait, then theres gonna be a lot of albums being released all at the same time, just after my birthday...

I hope it's more like TOT in that there is lots of approx 10 minute tracks, rather than shorter ones, and that the 25 minute one is actually one of the others, though my guess would be that it has indeed been split...

Dt always make the opposite of their last album, in a way, and i think that this one, at least as much as the track list goes, remindes me of symphonyx.
I the presence of Rediscovery pt.2

I also want to say that foloowing my addiction to the studio updates in this site i have become a member of it. Sym X have releases on 2000 and 2002 ''lately'' while Dt has 2000,2,3,5 and now 2007 is announced. I really didnt think DT would release their album first but that's what seems to b happening.
Funny ain't it?

I love how every DT album turns out to be radically different than anything they've done before. I can't wait for this to come out.
I just really hope it's not full of 10 minute metalcore songs and stuff since they're signed to Roadrunner now.

Track List for Systematic Chaos:

In The Presence Of Enemies Pt.1
Forsaken
Constant Motion
The Dark Eternal Night
Repentance
Prophets Of War
The Ministry Of Lost Souls
In The Presence Of Enemies Pt.2

I'm guessing that Repentance is the next installment of the 12 Steps Epic

I just really hope it's not full of 10 minute metalcore songs and stuff since they're signed to Roadrunner now.

Where is your faith fanboi... :p

Again, I shall make the point that they wrote the whole album BEFORE they signed to Roadrunner... I'm sure it will be great, sounds like it's gonna be great, but all speculation will end when it is finally released... Until then, I'm gonna trust the band which got me into the whole prog-metal thing in the first place... :D

lol, ABQ calls me pessimistic for not gushing about it (no offense) and then the next 10 replies are all mega-positive. i'm just 'over' considering DT infalliable... i do hope it's good, but the current situation does not leave much for me. we will see.

Kenneth, help me out here. How do I convince my keyboardist that the members of Dream Theater actually do have egos that are as big as Mike Portnoy's kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.