THE OFFICIAL DREAM THEATER DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
the reason you'd like to leave it to opinion is it serves as a defense for those on your side, who have no actual basis for arguing other than this shaky point.

And the fact that you don't like wankery is a personal preference. Stating that it doesn't fit a song is your opinion based on your preference. So, you served up that meal first without actually using the word "opinion". l contend it looks "shakier" from your POV. Of course, that's just my opinion. :rolleyes:

And the fact that you don't like wankery is a personal preference. Stating that it doesn't fit a song is your opinion based on your preference. So, you served up that meal first without actually using the word "opinion". l contend it looks "shakier" from your POV. Of course, that's just my opinion. :rolleyes:
any substance to go with that?

Augh have none of you heard the instrumental demos of SC?

The Systematic Chaos Instrumental Demos Are FAKE! Dont download - just wait until May when there's a better chance of a real leak appearing.

Here we go with the 'my opinion is more valid/better than yours therefore right' argument. Some discussion/speculation over the new album would be better than pages of two or three people posting at each other. :erk:

You know what band knows how to maintain a balance between shred and composition and still kick tons of ass in the meantime?
logoada%20b.jpg

I was wondering if they weree fake, and thought I might ask here. Two of my friends downloaded it though, and I heard it from them. I don't think I'll tell them it's fake though, make for some good laughs.

Naaa not really...just as you had no substance with this post...

the burden of proof's on you buddy. I've backed up my argument with evidence, you've backed up yours with cute middleschool quips and oneliners. Hence, own up (to all those "debating" with me except Gentleman, who actually has a brain)

the burden of proof's on you buddy. I've backed up my argument with evidence, you've backed up yours with cute middleschool quips and oneliners. Hence, own up (to all those "debating" with me except Gentleman, who actually has a brain)

:lol:

We must've forgotten that your opinions are the same as facts and can be called evidence.

Do you practice being a pretentious jackass or does it really come that naturally to you?

You guys are actually buying in to the leaks? Mike Portnoy released 'leaks' for the past 3 or 4 albums but it's just some obscure prog bands that he wanted to popularize. I would've thought people would have clued in by now.

:lol:

We must've forgotten that your opinions are the same as facts and can be called evidence.

Do you practice being a pretentious jackass or does it really come that naturally to you?
It seems clear that you have no intention of ever entering this debate seriously from your inability to construct even the basis of an elementary argument. The particular use of the word 'pretentious' in this installment of your oneliner-campaign is especially ironic.

It seems clear that you have no intention of ever entering this debate seriously from your inability to construct even the basis of an elementary argument. The particular use of the word 'pretentious' in this installment of your oneliner-campaign is especially ironic.

What would I have to do to "seriously enter the debate"....agree with you?What's the debate anyway? You seem to think that you have the final say and ultimate ruling on what is or isn't (good) music. You aren't presenting an argument or opening anything up to debate, you are just being a pretentious dick. The only reason you are even calling this a debate is so that you can fool yourself into thinking that you are right and that you have won one little victory on the internet. Gotta love virtual confidence buliders, eh? The topic at hand isn't something that's subject to fact, only opinions. To think otherwise would be a complete and total display of jackassery.

*waits for an reply in which Kenneth attempts to make insults that he thinks go over everyone's head and, in doing so, proves my point again*

What would I have to do to "seriously enter the debate"....agree with you?What's the debate anyway? You seem to think that you have the final say and ultimate ruling on what is or isn't (good) music. You aren't presenting an argument or opening anything up to debate, you are just being a pretentious dick. The only reason you are even calling this a debate is so that you can fool yourself into thinking that you are right and that you have won one little victory on the internet. Gotta love virtual confidence buliders, eh? The topic at hand isn't something that's subject to fact, only opinions. To think otherwise would be a complete and total display of jackassery.

*waits for an reply in which Kenneth attempts to make insults that he thinks go over everyone's head and, in doing so, proves my point again*

Dammit...you beat me to it...LOL. He claims to need proof, but he himself has issued absolutely no proof of anything...this entire discussion has been based on everyone's personal preferences & opinions. So...what is there to prove? l made a claim that DT's technical prowess is prominent in what they do and what they're about and fans love it. Hell...that's evident...listen to the music, go to the shows...the fans hanging on every blindlingly fast played note is enough to tell me DT is doing something right. Call DT's fans lemmings if you want to...again that would be opinion...l say they're descriminant & will only accept the best...again opinion. But, the fact that they are on top of the prog metal food chain helps to confirm that opinion.

Of course, the fact that a DT thread can pretty much dominant another bands forum helps to confirm my opinion also. You hardly ever see a band create such heated debate simply because they are just damned good at what they do.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.