The Official Good Television Thread

Couldn't sleep the other night, discovered (no idea how, looking back) a programme called Kingdom.

It's a drama about some MMA fighters, which sounds like it'd be pretty fucking awful, but the first few episodes were alright. All of the actors are pretty good. One of the main chaps was in The Black Donnellys. Shame that was cancelled. Shame Brotherhood was cancelled too. Not sure why I associate them so closely. Brains are cool.

The last 3 episodes of Boardwalk empire in season 4 were awesome.
Love this guy!
tumblr_n3xsgpnbsr1qbmj6no1_500.gif

0t4kozvjmq47.gif

I really didn't know that Boardwalk Empire was ending, or that the final episode was the final episode, so whilst looking back I think it was a decent finale, my experience of it at 4am was a bit... dafuk???

What is everyone's favourite current TV show? Serious dramas or whatever. I like Ray Donovan. And I think Justified will probably pick up again when it returns.

I dont want to spoil anything for the people who haven't watched it yet, so i wont delve into the finale too much. But i think they did an awesome job of tying everything up and finished it off properly. It will go down as not only one of the greatest crime dramas, but on of the best series of all time imo.

Game of Thrones is my current favorite. Hell on Wheels is pretty cool, too bad next season will be its last.

I've only seen the first two seasons of Justified ... not bad at all.

Unfortunately this is the last Justified season. Always thought it was very underrated. Great acting throughout all the seasons.

Homeland was great this season despite the finale being kinda blah. It did set things up for next season quite well, though.

was expecting Riget (The Kingdom). it's made by Lars von Trier and is the most bizarre and funny show i've seen.

Yeah, that Kingdom rules. I wish there were more Lynch like programmes like that and Carnivale.

Mathiäs;10949047 said:
Unfortunately this is the last Justified season. Always thought it was very underrated. Great acting throughout all the seasons.

I'd rather they ended it well this series that dragged it on and on.

Hopefully there is plenty of Wynn Duffy.

Yeah, that Kingdom rules. I wish there were more Lynch like programmes like that and Carnivale.

Nothing pisses me off more than how abruptly Carnivale was ended. That was one of my favorite shows. As a diehard Firefly fan, I'm okay with the season and a movie because there was some sense of finality. But with Carnivale, it was starting to get epic. And then nothing.

:bah:

so has anybody checked out Silicon Valley, the new show from Mike Judge? I watched the first two episodes and thought it was fairly clever. I'm not 100% hooked yet though

I just finished season 1, very good show, looking forward to season 2. Sad what happened to Christopher Evan Welch, he was really funny.

The Affair had a nice run the last couple episodes. The opening montage of the finale was particularly entertaining. It got a bit soapy overall, but that's seemingly for the better since I didn't think it was totally clicking when it was more of a character study. Started off with more of a mystery, then wandered before bringing it back together at the end. Anyone else finish up?

It wasn't a waste of time, but I'd probably only give it a mild recommendation.

I just finished season 1, very good show, looking forward to season 2. Sad what happened to Christopher Evan Welch, he was really funny.

Yeah I loved it. The whole jackoff thing on the finale was brilliant. There were a few other moments that were pretty hysterical too. I'm curious to see what next season will be like