The Official Good Television Thread

Mathiäs;10968103 said:
I really liked The Borgias, sucks it got cancelled. I thought it was well done for what it was as someone not overly concerned with historical accuracy

Yeah I noticed, and it was well worth rearranging some of the historical material. For instance, the real Machiavelli was in his 20's during the 1490's and played a more minor role during the Borgia papacy. He's my favorite character in the series.

Also, the writers for this series seem to really know their Classics, as the dialogue is often peppered with references to ancient history and literature.

Really bummed it got cancelled after three seasons, especially since it didn't finish the story arc.

Same. The first and last episode of Series 2 are the only episodes I don't really care for (which is basically a third of the entire show)

The best episodes (in my opinion) have been the second ("Fifteen Million Merits") and the premiere of the second season ("Be Right Back"). I thought the latter was pretty terrifying, actually.

Also finally got around to watching the Black Mirror Christmas special. Crushing. Loved it

Watched this last night. Thank you, that was excellent. I need more TV like this.

I'll probably watch the rest of the series too.

I'm stuck re-watching episodes of The Wire, Lost, Twin Peaks, Breaking Bad, TD etc. I need something new that's addicting! Might check out Fargo

Fargo was far and away my favorite show from last year. They actually nailed The Coen Brothers atmosphere and expanded on the universe. Fucking loved it