The Official Good Television Thread

Jinx is a pretty cool/well done real crime drama on HBO. Follows Robert Durst, rich as big foots dick real estate family from NYC who may have killed 3 different people in his life.

i also really love character-driven crime stuff, like BREAKING BAD and JUSTIFIED and (to a lesser extent) TRUE DETECTIVE. doesn't necessarily need to be exploring new territory - i love old school pulpy shit - but preferably i'd like something with a skillful manipulation of tone/atmosphere/tension, complex characterisations and whatnot.

Justified is so good. Really sad it's ending.

Southland was the best cop show on TV. Sucks that it got cancelled.

Last episode of the first series of Catastrophe went out last night. There's only 6 30min episodes in the series so you could watch it all in one go easily. Really good dark, romantic (I guess) comedy.

It feels very British and very Channel 4 (probably the best comedy they've done since Peep Show) but the two main actors/writers, Rob Delaney and Sharon Horgan, are American and Irish respectively so maybe it'd appeal to people that don't, for whatever fucktard reason, tend to like British comedy.

You want a good show? Watch fucking Bar Rescue. Jon Taffer is a god among men.

ya sucks the Oscars were on and I missed him crying.

Also I am 1 season away from finishing SOA, I really don't want to because that finale pissed me off.
I dont wanna post any spoilers but seriously WTF!!

Is anyone watching Better Call Saul? I finally caught up the other night and I love it.

Three episodes into the second season of Vikings now. As I've been told, the show does get better. Not the first show to turn out this way, in which a weak first season introduces all the characters and lays the foundation for a more interesting story to develop in later seasons, a big part of which is the transformation of the characters. I've been really fascinated by the Christian monk's development into a Viking warrior who struggles with issues of identity, allegiance and acceptance into the Viking culture, especially when they return to England.