The Official Good Television Thread

The Life and Times of Tim, made by HBO, it's a simple animation type show, pretty funny, it gains more momentum with humor as you watch it more.

what I like about BCS over BB is BB had this continuous sense of dread and foreboding. There isn't really a whole lot of that in BCS except certain scenes (maybe because almost every line out of Saul's mouth is a crack)

what I like about BCS over BB is BB had this continuous sense of dread and foreboding. There isn't really a whole lot of that in BCS except certain scenes (maybe because almost every line out of Saul's mouth is a crack)

I wonder if Bob Odenkirk adlibs his lines. Either way (him or a writer), they are brilliant.

BB is a tragedy with comic elements. BCS is a comedy with tragic elements.

Well summed up. I'm inclined towards tragedies myself, but I've enjoyed BCS. I've thought BCS's start has been slow, whereas I was immediately drawn into BB. I'm surprised that the reception of the two shows here seems to disagree with me here.

it started how it needed to start, it had to GRADUALLY evolve into what it eventually became, else it wouldn't have worked so well. i did think it sagged a little in the middle of season 3 though iirc, but then it reached a stage when it started relentlessly blowing me away and i couldn't stop watching.

Yeah, the point of the show was to show how a perfectly normal human being could transform into an anti-heroic monster, so it needed time to develop the "normal human being" side of Walter.

BCS seriously has some soap opera esque dialogue though. The scene in the latest episode between Mike and his daughter in law was really, really weak, I think. Also the scene in the desert with the mexican gangster with Saul and the twins was also really sub par dialogue.

Part of the show's benefit as well is that we all know Saul is going to be OK. We never knew the direction of Breaking Bad until the fifth season and that was ambiguous

Really? I thought that was by far the strongest scene of the whole series so far. For three seasons of Breaking Bad and now Better Call Saul, Mike has always been the grumpy old man who never really had any other emotion besides general annoyance. Finally in this episode we see rage, anger, and regret. We see him taking no half measures. The whole "I broke my boy" thing? Classic. Some of the best acting I've seen on either show