The Official Good Television Thread

They were talking about new expansions; but I think it was unclear if they meant whole new parks or merely an expansion within Westworld.

For what it's worth, I'm uncertain about what exactly constitutes the park's limits. It seems that people can venture outward indefinitely, and find themselves in increasingly dangerous situations. The prospect of what lies "beyond" the park is entirely ambiguous, and I love it.

SPOILERS

My own theory on the latter is increasingly jumbled code, fuzzy edges so to speak. Maybe physical manifestation of security parameters, and thus less restrained bots near them? The maze itself, I'm certain, is some sort of consciousness relation, hence why the bots believe it to be only for them. A last attempt by the supposedly deceased Arnold to see his creations reach the level he always wanted them at.

Then there's the newest development of signaling hardware being discovered in some of these bots, which on the surface seems like simple mortal espionage perhaps as an attempt at blackmail, but I think there may be unearthly implications. I think the show will start off in a more mortal, petty direction on that point, but there's going to be something beyond pulling the strings eventually.

^Yeah the Fargo tv series is fucking good. I honestly think I prefer the 2nd season but the first one is really good also.

Was done with season 1 pretty quick, going to have to order season 2, I don't even know what to watch lately when it comes to TV series. I need some organised crime stuff or some dark comedy. I was thinking about that dark comedy Very Bad Things where some friends go on vacation for a few days and end up killing a hooker and some guy in the hotel room, and everything gets fucked up, shit was classic.

the first ep of the new series of planet earth was predictably awesome. as much blood, sex, tragedy and exhilarating chase sequences as any movie i could name.

Just realized I still had a Starz subscription. The second season of Ash Vs Evil Dead is six episodes in, I'm two in so far. Not gonna lie, I just manically laughed at the morgue scene. Maybe one of the funniest/most ridiculous scenes I've ever witnessed in a television series.

Yes! I was just about to ask cunts in here if that show is good or not. Need to fucking check that shit out!

As a long time fan of The Evil Dead series I love it. There's a little cgi but for me they really dont overdo it to the point of it being shit... they use a lot of old school practical gore effects and let me tell you the show is a fucking bloodbath. Someone getting killed by a ball bat on TWD is nothing. Campbell brings the slapstick too. I was really nervous about them potentially ruining the series when I heard it announced but man, they've really nailed it.

Reactions: CiG
I don't know if I love the series as a whole, there have been several episodes I've outright disliked (among them the fan favorite Fifteen Million Merits) but even so it's such a thrill to watch because you just never know what you're gonna get from each episode. I just finished the third season after binging the last four episodes and I think it's the most consistent season so far. There were three episodes I would rank among my favorites and only one I thought was actually bad.

For anyone who cares, my current ranking of all the episodes:

1. Shut Up and Dance
2. Hated in the Nation
3. The Waldo Moment
4. San Junipero
5. The National Anthem
6. The Entire History of You
7. White Christmas
8. Nosedive
9. White Bear
10. Men Against Fire
11. Be Right Back
12. Playtest
13. Fifteen Million Merits
So I just finished the latest season and agree it's the most consistent so far. The production seemed better also. My faves were the first three and the finale.

I want more tv this good dammit.

Westworld...some strange narrative decisions (asian guy and the black robot + investigator satellite gal) but the direction with Ford is appealing...show is progressing so damn slowly, still..on that GoT timeline apparently

Reactions: ~Neurotica
Anyone like The Man in the High Castle? Just started watching it yesterday and managed to binge through the first four episodes.

I've only started watching it, don't remeber how many episodes but never finished. I kind of liked it and I love the book so I will probably get around to it again.

I just finished season 3 of The Fall. That is some dark, dark shit right there. Brilliantly acted show.
Hmm i thought the last season of The Fall was pretty bad? It had several plot lines that never went anywhere. Like the girl who is obsessed with Spector or the whole trial thing. I dunno I loved the two first episodes but the ending just seemed so dull.

I loved it. I thought it was just so fucking dark, how absolutely insane that guy was. A fitting ending, IMO. I don't really care about the plot line with the babysitter to be honest. I was just a tad let down that he and Gillian Anderson didn't have an epic last encounter, but honestly....that would just be a Hollywood ending. I love the disturbing note that the show ended on.

Just finished watching The Night Of. It was pretty damn gripping for the most part and very well produced. John Turturro was particularly good.

Anne rice's vampire chronicles, after much headache, are finally going to be made into a television show and fully fledge out the story. I'm sure there's not many fans here because it's a chick thing but I'm pretty fuckin excited.

Being a huge geek right now and seeking a suitable actor for Louis to post on this thread I'm following where they're asking for ideas. Ian somerholder is a good call but it'd be nice to see some lesser known blood, always adds to the mystique.