The Official Good Television Thread

I'd forgotten that was coming out soon. The other two, especially Daredevil, are cool so it'd be weird if they fucked this up.

The Night Of last episode spoiler alert!!!!

I rewatched the last episode of The Night Of and it just confirmed that this is one of my favorite TV series ever. I think many thought the ending was a let down, but I think the whole point of the show is to show how messed up the system can be.

Also, that scene towards the end with Naz sitting by himself smoking heroin (or whatever drug that is) while he has that flashback of Andrea. It was so beautiful and well done. It reminded us that there was an actual victim in the midst of all this. For so many episodes Andrea was just a corpse. However, she was before that an actual living, breathing person, no matter how pained she was.

Anyways I'm really bummed. Yeah, Naz is out but he's basically an addict and probably could never be free from a life of crime.

You can put spoiler tags around text to hide it now.

I just got given a USB stick yesterday from my sister with the first season of The Night Of on it. I'd never heard of it before. Will check it out soon.

God, the finale of Mr. Robot was a fucking tease. I have no clue what's going on.

Still gonna watch next season with a passion though; I love what this show is doing.

You can put spoiler tags around text to hide it now.

I just got given a USB stick yesterday from my sister with the first season of The Night Of on it. I'd never heard of it before. Will check it out soon.

Haha thanks. I did feel sorta silly doing it old school like that with exclamation points and stuff. You'll like it. The first episode may feel a little slow but it really picks up towards the end.

Does anyone else here watch Quantico? I swear to god this show is fucking insane. Just when you think you got it figured out the whole thing gets flipped upside down leaving you guessing what the fuck is going on until you go insane. It reminds me a lot of 24 in a sense of how it all gets turned on it's head at the end of each episode leaving you guessing from insane twists.

Picked up the 1st season if this TV series called Fargo, really good stuff, and addictive as hell also.

^Yeah the Fargo tv series is fucking good. I honestly think I prefer the 2nd season but the first one is really good also.

i watched an ep or two and was fairly impressed with how they'd nailed the tone of the film, but it didn't really grab me. possibly because i'm not a massive fan of the film either - aside from frances mcdormand i always found it a bit cartoonish.

Anyone watching Black Mirror? The new season's so great.
I haven't finished the new season (seen 3 episodes) but I love the series as a whole, but it is fucking disturbing and most episodes leaves a sour taste in the mouth, mostly because there's hardly any happy endings (which is one of the reasons that makes it good).

I don't know if I love the series as a whole, there have been several episodes I've outright disliked (among them the fan favorite Fifteen Million Merits) but even so it's such a thrill to watch because you just never know what you're gonna get from each episode. I just finished the third season after binging the last four episodes and I think it's the most consistent season so far. There were three episodes I would rank among my favorites and only one I thought was actually bad.

For anyone who cares, my current ranking of all the episodes:

1. Shut Up and Dance
2. Hated in the Nation
3. The Waldo Moment
4. San Junipero
5. The National Anthem
6. The Entire History of You
7. White Christmas
8. Nosedive
9. White Bear
10. Men Against Fire
11. Be Right Back
12. Playtest
13. Fifteen Million Merits

Sounds pretty insane

Why do people never seem to get that you're mocking them/being sarcastic in these types of posts?

I don't know if I love the series as a whole, there have been several episodes I've outright disliked (among them the fan favorite Fifteen Million Merits) but even so it's such a thrill to watch because you just never know what you're gonna get from each episode. I just finished the third season after binging the last four episodes and I think it's the most consistent season so far. There were three episodes I would rank among my favorites and only one I thought was actually bad.

For anyone who cares, my current ranking of all the episodes:

1. Shut Up and Dance
2. Hated in the Nation
3. The Waldo Moment
4. San Junipero
5. The National Anthem
6. The Entire History of You
7. White Christmas
8. Nosedive
9. White Bear
10. Men Against Fire
11. Be Right Back
12. Playtest
13. Fifteen Million Merits

You've piqued my interest in this programme with these posts. Sounds like something I might enjoy.