The Official Good Television Thread

Apparently something to do with the tax forms, the paint job not being deductible yet whoever it was claimed it on their return. Additionally, my wife says that tax returns from fifteen years ago (or whatever) aren't searchable as PDFs, and that the information they did find couldn't have pointed them to Childress.

To be honest I'm still hazy on the whole thing, but there's an entire reddit thread dedicated to it, haha (for what it's worth, I ran down the list of rejoinders that several people make - that it's a charitable donation, that it's a religious organization, etc. - she still insists that it doesn't add up. Accounting pun intended).

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueDetective/comments/201pve/s1e8_tax_law_error/

Additionally, and for shits and giggles, the show foreshadows the break in the case in the very first episode. Recall, the other officers all call Cohle "the tax man."

Yea it doesn't really matter. That season was all about tone and atmosphere to me. Plus ya know all the philosophical shit. I didnt even like the end that much really, it felt rushed and maybe too easy. 8.8 show thoough

It's interesting to find out your significant other is a tax accountant..

Reactions: CiG and Dak
Watched the first few episodes of Wasted this morning.

Essentially a more modern version of Spaced. Only in set in Somerset. And with Sean Bean playing Sean Bean/Boromir/Ned Stark as one of the character's spirit guide.

Started watching season 6 of Ink Master. It's as trashy and entertaining as ever. There's a contestant who dresses like an English farmer/birdwatcher for some reason.

image.jpeg

Omg, so much nostalgia! I'm glad you included Tots TV and Wizadora!

Wizadora had that fucking terrifying cabbage called Philbert.

I don't remember watching Animorphs but I do remember reading a lot of the books.

I remmeber loving Biker Mice from Mars and Dexter's Lab as well.

"Around the World With Willy Fog" - What the fuck is this and what were they thinking when they named it?! On my first play through of FF7 my Cait Sith was called Willyfog!

it's short for phileas fogg duh! apparently it's made by japs and spics lol. there was a journey to the centre of the earth version of that show too, i forget if it was called the same thing or what

Anyone else watching Mr. Robot season 2 and being really pissed off by it? First of all they're taking the whole "subjective experience" thing and running way too fucking far with it. I'm not even averse to the general idea of taking Elliot's unreliable perception of reality and making it a part of the show's puzzle, in fact I was intrigued by that angle in s01, but jesus fucking christ it's so repetitive when you get to the seventh fucking episode in a row they're just reiterating that he doesn't have a fucking grip on himself. And then there's the structure of these episodes, each fucking episode is just buildup to some stupid unsatisfying cryptic fucking cliffhanger contrived to provide fodder for reddit discussion threads. And then the next episode they don't even fucking address how the last one ended. The obnoxious token experimentalism is getting out of hand too, I mean it was there in s01 but it was restrained or synergistic with the story enough that I thought maybe they had some actual vision and weren't just desperately grasping for originality like some shitty "avant-garde" metal band. I liked s01 a good deal but this is getting borderline unwatchable.

Speaking of stuff like that, anyone check out the 'I know that voice' documentary? I think the most interesting thing for me was how he did Droopy's voice, pulling a cheek back and talking. I've been aping the technique since then when I wanna annoy the old man.