The Official Good Television Thread

...or what? :D
tumblr_o37piy8uTT1qigfjto1_500.gif

Game of Thrones is the apex of overrated. So many characters are downplayed.

I hear The Wire talked about more than pretty much any other HBO show and I’ve even met people who are fans that can’t get into The Sopranos. That might be because The Sopranos is a bit older but still.

Yeah I don't watch the show anymore, haven't for years.

I actually disagree that cutting Apu is cowardly, if they did it as a way to say "fuck you" to activist demands that they hire an actual Indian person to voice him after decades of him being voiced by Hank Azaria.

Cowardly would be appeasing to a bunch of outraged dickheads. Now they get nothing lmao.

tumblr_olrgggj3cg1r2amcuo1_1280.jpg

#RIP #NeverForget

Last edited:
I actually disagree that cutting Apu is cowardly, if they did it as a way to say "fuck you" to activist demands that they hire an actual Indian person to voice him after decades of him being voiced by Hank Azaria.

Cowardly would be appeasing to a bunch of outraged dickheads. Now they get nothing lmao.

View attachment 16725

#RIP #NeverForget
If it’s because Azaria himself refused to Apu’s voice anymore then they should have ended the show right there. Groening has other stuff on the go and it would be a valid reason to stop. Continuing the show without the character after their initial in-episode ‘fuck you’ is lame as fuck.

Simpsons has been varying in quality for a while but some of the newer episodes have actually been pretty good. Bowing to some inner-city hipster Indian with a pure American accent that is offended about some schoolyard bullying about his heritage enrages me. Stereotypes eh? Pretty difficult concept to grasp.

The Haunting of Hill House was great. Such a great show for Halloween season, and really fucking well done on top of that.

It really is excellent. What happens to Nell/what she is was so damn good. And that story Mr Dudley tells was fucking chilling.

I still have 3 episodes to go I’m saving for Halloween night

W. Earl Brown has been tweeting some thoughts on being back on the Deadwood set again. He's got a way with words:

https://twitter.com/WEarlBrown/status/1053697031326199808

There's some more if you care to go through his feed. He also says basically every regular will be back except for those who passed away (Powers Boothe, Ralph Richeson) and Titus Welliver who's busy shooting Bosch.