The Official Good Television Thread

been rewatching deadwood in prep for the movie. currently cracking up at the part where al is struggling to understand what wu is saying, and johnny randomly figures it out and patronisingly explains it to al and al punches johnny in the face. i forgot how hilarious and witty this show is in ways that span from the highest highbrow to the lowest low. might be its finest quality.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian Director Reveals Her Plans for Obi-Wan Kenobi Series.
The future is bright for the galaxy far, far away, especially after the success of Star Wars: The Mandalorian. Because of that show's impact on the Disney+ streaming service, it is clear that there is a demand for live-action Star Wars shows in the franchise. This bodes well for upcoming series that are being planned, especially for Ewan McGregor's return to the franchise as Obi-Wan Kenobi in a brand new show that will be set between the events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: A New Hope.

Sounds interesting, especially if Ewan is returning to the role. He for me was one of the few redeeming qualities in the prequel trilogy.

been rewatching deadwood in prep for the movie. currently cracking up at the part where al is struggling to understand what wu is saying, and johnny randomly figures it out and patronisingly explains it to al and al punches johnny in the face. i forgot how hilarious and witty this show is in ways that span from the highest highbrow to the lowest low. might be its finest quality.

Reactions: CiG
The original Murphy Brown was a good show.
Not sure how Grace Under Fire made it that high, although in this country we didn't get that straight away anyway.
Fraiser is another I didn't like that much, although in Cheers his character was okay.
Although for me the biggest WTF on that list is Lost. That show was fucking terrible, how it rated so well is beyond me.

Actually it's correct. It was a good show, but I don't think less of you for disagreeing.

I don't know what channel is what in America so how they rate means nothing to me.

Actually it's correct. It was a good show

well, we all know how awesome and flop-worthy your sense of humor is so no surprise that you would enjoy such a lame show.

I don't know what channel is what in America so how they rate means nothing to me.
ummm, ratings as in how many people watched them(literally that video). Not just the ratings for a single TV channel dude. Im just surprised that CBS(a huge TV and radio network) produced so many shows that ended up being so popular and were syndicated on numerous channels. I always thought CBS was the least popular network out of the big ones here and that most of the shows that originally aired on that network(like murphy brown) were rather cringeworthy and 3rd rate.

well, we all know how awesome and flop-worthy your sense of humor is so no surprise that you would enjoy such a lame show.

Oh lame or not I would agree to liking it just to annoy you. Shit I'd nearly agree to liking Seinfeld if you said it was crap!

ummm, ratings as in how many people watched them(literally that video). Not just the ratings for a single TV channel dude. Im just surprised that CBS(a huge TV and radio network) produced so many shows that ended up being so popular and were syndicated on numerous channels. I always thought CBS was the least popular network out of the big ones here and that most of the shows that originally aired on that network(like murphy brown) were rather cringeworthy and 3rd rate.

But what I'm saying is that those channels mean nothing to me. I wouldn't know what channels had what shows, we don't get American channels here and until recently even the shows that were direct telecast didn't have the original station logo on them. So saying one channel rates higher or produces something special means nothing to me.

But what I'm saying is that those channels mean nothing to me. I wouldn't know what channels had what shows, we don't get American channels here
oh my deer god.
source.gif

dude you can be pretty fucking dumb at times, im pretty sure im not the only person who's told you this right? Not a single time did i talk about one channel rating higher than the other. Shit, i didn't even talk about channels until you brought it up. Murphy Brown is a CBS show(dont care if you knew or didnt, but now you do), CBS shows usually suck as much ass as your jokes so im a little surprised that it gained so much popularity and went on to be syndicated on other networks and countries

I find it amazing just how many people can be 'dumb' in your eyes because you're not smart enough to comprehend what they are actually saying. It's like you understand there is other languages in the world but unless people speak the exact language of Techbarb you don't understand them and have to lash out with insults to make yourself feel more adequate.

i swear dude, you can be such an idiot at times(sorry if that offends you big guy) You do realize that CBS is a network, not a channel ... and they broadcast in numerous countries all over this world. Maybe you need to stop approaching everything as if the world revolves around wherever you're from. All i was saying is how surprised i am that a shitty CBS show has gained so much popularity. "BUT I DONT CARE IM FROM AUSTRALIA WE DONT GET AMERICAN CHANNELZ UUUMMPHH" :lol: okaaaaayyyyy budddy

EDIT: oh and i like how you have a whole post where you're literally lashing out at me just beccuse you were the one who couldn't comprehend what i CLEARLY said. :lol: All i did was call you a dummy and you flipped it into a whole post where you're trying to take shots at me ... and for that you can suck my fat dick

Anyway, the only shows ive been watching recently are the classics broadcasted on a local(i think) channel we have here called "antenna TV ... TV how is was meeeaaant to beeeee" lol. Stuff like Gilligans Island, Three's Company, Georg Burns and Gracie Allen, Jack Benny, Barney Miller etc.