The Official Good Television Thread

My wife has been watching The Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu. I feel like this is her getting me back for all the schlock I’m always watching. Absolutely abhorrent feminist propaganda pseudo sci-fi. Not sure I can think of much I hate worse than something like this.

Reactions: CiG
Thankfully my missus doesn't watch shit like that. Although I am getting sick of shows about vampires and supernatural stuff which seems to make up the majority of what she does watch.

Reactions: CiG
I'm 6 and a half into season 4 of the Expanse
I think that show is becoming my favorite show. Taking the number 1 spot from Breaking Bad

This show keeps nailing the formula: first few episodes build slowly, then by about halfway through the pace is an avalanche. The show-writers really do an incredible job adapting a mammoth narrative to television. It's an excellent blend of plot and character development, as well as scientific curiosity and political intrigue. I can't get enough.

Only show I'm watching right now is The Mandalorian. First few episodes were really good, but it seems to have become quite formulaic. Haven't seen last week's episode yet though, so we'll see. Still fun regardless though.

Got Disney+ and watched the first episode of The Mandalorian. Definitely pretty cool, much better than the newer films going by this episode alone. The scenery and visuals are awesome. I'm just suspicious of how they're going to use this series to service their shitty trilogy. Is the main character going to randomly be written in as Rey's father or some dumb shit?

I don't trust the Disneyverse.

3bzrU6M.jpg

Reactions: Slammed