The Official Good Television Thread

Started watching Locke & Key (based on the Joe Hill comics), Mythic Quest and Avenue 5 recently

watched the first 2 seasons of Gotham and a few episodes of the 3rd season. I'm only watching this show because I wanted to watch something stupid / mildly entertaining while I read through my notes for an upcoming license exam I'm taking for my job. Season 1 is fucking terrible and basically Law & Order with some Batman universe names thrown around. Season 2 changed the tone of the show and it went super cheesy which works a lot better than the serious tone of the first season. Everything involving teenage Bruce and Selina is 100% cringe and hard to watch. Riddler and Hugo Strange are the best characters. I thought season 3 would be better but they brought back Will Smith's wife when she died in season 1 and her overacting is terrible. Hopefully she dies again

watched the first 2 seasons of Gotham and a few episodes of the 3rd season. I'm only watching this show because I wanted to watch something stupid / mildly entertaining while I read through my notes for an upcoming license exam I'm taking for my job. Season 1 is fucking terrible and basically Law & Order with some Batman universe names thrown around. Season 2 changed the tone of the show and it went super cheesy which works a lot better than the serious tone of the first season. Everything involving teenage Bruce and Selina is 100% cringe and hard to watch. Riddler and Hugo Strange are the best characters. I thought season 3 would be better but they brought back Will Smith's wife when she died in season 1 and her overacting is terrible. Hopefully she dies again

i watch seasons 1, 2 and parts of 3 but i dont remember much outside of it being as far from the Batman universe/continuation as possible for a show named Gotham. They fucked with the lore/characters/stories wayyy too much. That being said season 2 was pretty cool from what i remember and Penguin is probably my favorite character of the series. Do you remember a scene where Oswald was meeting up with one of the mobsters(cant remember if it was falcone, marooni or that one other dude that worked with them) and got slapped up or something? Trying ti find it on youtube but to no avail.

this?

source.gif

I'm on season 3 of Gotham too. It's been my go-to lately whenever I want to watch something trashy. Hit and miss as fuck but I really like their take on some classic Batman characters, especially The Penguin who I've been unironically rooting for since pretty much the start.

Hit and miss as fuck but I really like their take on some classic Batman characters, especially The Penguin who I've been unironically rooting for since pretty much the start.

the casting is great in that show imo, penguin rules. it started to lose me after a while though, i think around the time it started throwing a bunch of origin story eps my way

the only batman-related thing anyone really needs from the past decade is arkham knight lets be real

Three episodes into Devs. This show is fucking weird and I love it.

Not sure if anyone else is watching, but whatever the technology is... it's not predictive, I don't think. They keep making projections into the past, and comment on the fact that that's all they'll do (which of course sets it up perfectly to have someone program a future projection at some point). But I haven't figured out what the point of past projections is. Not gonna lie though, the gritty visuals of Christ on the cross are mildly unsettling.

Last edited:
Watched the first ep of Dark as per sci-fi thread. Was fantastic and super intriguing, mandatory next episode later on just to try and understand what the fuck happened.

It's not easy to follow. I had to look stuff up online after finishing season one. It's immaculately put together, but definitely a puzzle.

Reactions: CiG
Watched the first episodes of Dark Crystal and Gotham today, liked both. Didn't think I'd like Gotham that much for some reason but now I'm all in and intrigued. Enjoyed the way it peppered characters in, the development of them should be fun to watch.

Also started catching up on Better Call Saul and Jessica Jones, which I fell out of rhythm with awhile back. Sucks having to find where you were last at when this happens, skimming through stuff and trying to remember arcs etc.

Has anybody watched that Preacher series?

Nah there's a tier. These were just popping the cherry by watching the first ep. Better Call Saul and Dark are the regulars, everything else is just for when I don't feel like watching said regs. There's a fucking quarantine going on buddy.