The Official Good Television Thread

Nothing wrong with 5 tv shows on the go at once, it's just like a time when there wasn't downloadable content available to all and we watched shows in weekly instalments. The missus and I have about 10 shows we are part way through series/seasons of. Some times we just don't feel like watching the same thing we watched the night before.

Reactions: CiG
For me binge watching is only good on some series. We binged watch Mr. Mercedes S1, but then by the time we got to S2 we slowed down because we knew S3 wasn't coming immediately. We recently started binge watching The Outsiders but I lost some interest for it around the middle because they fucked up the one carry over character from Mr. Mercedes and in the end we binged watched it to get it done. Currently we are binge watching old series of All Round To Mrs. Brown's because we missed one of the series. But we've got a lot of other shows we only watch when we feel like it.

Darth maul?? How does that work in the timeline?

Not sure how they'd do it, he's finally killed by Obi during Rebels which takes place like a year before the events of A New Hope and The Mandalorian takes place 9 years after those events. With all the necromancy fuckery of the new films maybe they'll go that route, or he could just have a cameo in a flashback type arc in the show.

One of the main sources of the rumour is that the actor for Maul from The Phantom Menace and the voice actor for Maul from the animated series both posted stuff on Twitter hinting at season 2 of The Mandalorian, because Moff Gideon was in possession of the Darksaber which is a Mandalorian Jedi weapon that many characters have been in possession of, Maul included.

Kinda hope they don't revive him in some gay Disney-tier fashion, but a series of flashbacks could be cool.

Reactions: rms
When was the last time a mainstream Star Wars project even had an interesting female character? Ahsoka Tano? Surely it can't be as far back as Leia? Now they're going to hire a woman who has said one of her key concerns was pronouns to create a whole series with I assume a majority/entirely female cast?

Good chance it's going to be abominable, and here I was thinking The Mandalorian was signaling a post-Rey trilogy era of quality, with an Obi-Wan Kenobi series in the works to boot... Disney are so lolworthy.

(Assuming this sucks as much as it seems like it will mind you.)

Edit: LOL former assistant to Harvey Weinstein?

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I hardly watch any TV shows these days. I watched S5 of Black Mirror to finish that up. My girlfriend convinced me to watch Game of Thrones so I hesitantly watched 5 episodes last year. Mixed feelings so I decided half a season per year or so wasn't a bad strategy to savour it, lol. Finished S1 now.

I wanted to catch up on the 90s and watch The Practice. Only found the first 3 episodes of S1 a while back but pretty entertaining. Should search again.

I just finished watching series 2 of After Life. Ricky Gervais does a great job of being a complete moody bastard.

maybe i'll watch that but i'm not sure i can stomach gervais anymore, he's really disappeared up his own ass in recent years. i still love extras though.

I was never a huge fan of him but while he wrote and directed After Life, there is more to it than just him.