The Official Good Television Thread

Been watching season 2 of Luke Cage on the side, finally finished it today. Sucks all those Marvel/Netflix shows got cancelled. But it's really dawning on me just how miserable the MCU/Disney shows are by comparison.

This show had Jamaican gangsters running around speaking full Patois, chopping off heads, putting them in piranha tanks, on pikes etc, it had a pretty sophisticated level of social commentary on race (with black characters representing all sides of the critiques, no lazy white scapegoats), and She-Hulk has dogshit Twitter-tier "feminist" dialogue and twerking. Moon Knight is utterly forgettable. All the TV MCU has is Loki.

If that is the tone and writing they're going to put the new Daredevil reboot show through, just cancel it.

Anyways, Bushmaster fucking rules. The show had you rooting for the villain just as much as the hero. I'd happily watch the show again, fun as hell.

94bf373ec5242fb422139977c4cb3bef.gif

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Sucks that marvel/netflix is dead. Easily the best marvell/superhero adaptations weve had. Theyre going to have a huge "cult" following in the years to come imo ... And deservedly so.

How would you rank the shows? I have it...

The Punisher
Daredevil
Jessica Jones / Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Defenders

Reactions: CiG
I haven't finished season 1 of Jessica Jones yet, and I haven't even started Iron Fist or Defenders.

I started Jessica Jones ages ago and enjoyed it, but the pacing is a bit slow (or at least at the time that's how I felt) and so I stopped halfway and never returned. That's what I'm planning to side-binge next actually.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
i quite liked it but i'm a sucker for any kind of moody PI shit, superhero or not. david tennant is a surprisingly good villain in the first season and krysten ritter brings that faith in buffy the vampire slayer energy, i knew she was gonna get some big role after seeing her in LISTEN UP PHILIP. kinda lost interest in s2 iirc.

Yeah I liked everthing about what I saw don't get me wrong, but I think I was just too high on the Daredevil/Punisher thing at the time, which are obviously very action-oriented, and fucked myself.

To my shock, I really enjoyed the first two episodes of The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. Really testing how rusty my pre-Third Age lore is. In particular Morfydd Clark rules as Galadriel.

To my shock, I really enjoyed the first two episodes of The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. Really testing how rusty my pre-Third Age lore is. In particular Morfydd Clark rules as Galadriel.
yeah, it seems alright. Gotta finish the second episode but isn't garbage

i've only seen the first episode but i found it refreshingly untrendy and old-fashioned, although maybe it'll go too far in that direction toward toothless and overly simplistic, idk yet. a GoT-ification of LOTR it ain't, that's for sure.

Reactions: rms and CiG
Yeah the Harfoots in particular have a distinct old-fashioned fantasy feel to them. Reminded me of something you'd see in Willow.

Also glad my guess that the black elf dude won't be just a retarded race swap and he's actually a half-elf human was right. His backstory seems like it's going to be pretty interesting.