The Official Good Television Thread

Badalamenti told NME: “Back when Twin Peaks was kicking off around the world, I flew by Concorde to London to work with Paul McCartney at Abbey Road. He said, ‘Let me tell you a story’. Not long before we met, he’d been asked to perform for the Queen for her birthday celebrations.

“And when he met her, he started to say, ‘I’m honoured to be here tonight, your Majesty, and I’m going to play some music for you’. And the Queen says, ‘I’m sorry, I can’t stay, it’s five to eight, and I have to go and watch Twin Peaks!'”

Another lotr potential copy cat in the latest episode... hopeful it does something better.

The action sequences are shot concisely and effectively , something game of thrones really struggled with

actually
i'm thinking some people are gonna think this video belongs here instead of the Horrible TV thread

because if you're into really morbid comedy
Earl Sinclair being responsible for the death of his entire fucking species is kinda the funniest joke of the whole series

Another lotr potential copy cat in the latest episode... hopeful it does something better.

The action sequences are shot concisely and effectively , something game of thrones really struggled with

I'd say the choreography and cinematography in the Battle of the Bastards is some of the best ever put to television.

Reactions: CiG
That's the main thing missing from Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. Good fight choreography.
Because both characters are super strong they just kinda push and throw people around, which gets boring pretty quickly.

Pilot episode of that new American Gigolo series was okay but also unconvincing. Noticing this trend where a show will have the aesthetic of something gritty or deep, but it fumbles the ball on the actual substance. This is how I feel about The Old Man, Under the Banner of Heaven and to some extent Mare of Easttown. They get the tone and casting down, but the scripts and execution leave a lot to be desired.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey