The Official Good Television Thread

what sounds so freaking lame to me is @CiG describing Moonknight and She-Hulk as having "Shitty CGI"
haven't seen these shows so i haven't seen how badly-done the CGI-work is with my own eyes
just seems sad though to hear someone (anyone) saying the CGI effects in these shows were done badly
because
these shows are appearing on Disney Plus
and Disney owns Industrial Light And Magic
and Disney can't take the time to make the CGI look awesome??
i mean, seriously, i just somehow expected the MCU shows on Disney Plus to have the most awesome-spectacular-dazzling CGI special effects anyone has ever seen
kinda disappointing that this didn't actually happen

I saw that the X-Men cartoon from the 90's was on Disney+ and threw on the first ep. Nostalgia blast! The theme song is so catchy. Loved that shit coming up.

best sounding TV series opening song ever
.....pretty sure i mentioned this somewhere back in the first few pages of this thread
haven't even see the show in forever and still somehow get this theme stuck in my head every time anybody mentiones the X-Men

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
this sentence sounds like a commercial for the show
She-Hulk has talents like Jessica Gao (Robot Chicken, Rick and Morty) and Kat Coiro (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Shameless, Modern Family) working on it.
what the fucking hell??
Jessica and Kat working TOGETHER on a show and they still can't make it funny??
so apparently everyone else working on that show is totally incompetent (or maybe high-as-hell?)

i feel dirty but i agree too
DfAv5N7VQAAfzVR.jpg

More shit in the Boys that really caught my attention:

Soldier Boy being a Russian weapon and the only way to kill Homelander. Having a power that destroys the Compound V is fucking insane. I mean seeing what he did to Kimiko was fucking crazy.

Butcher continues to be an asshole and getting addicted to the Temp V wasn't surprising at all.

Homelander continues to lose his shit in the most enjoyable way possible. Just doing whatever he wants now is great to watch.

Reactions: CiG
Anyone else keeping up with House of the Dragon? I think it's quite terrific so far, and a welcome palate cleanser after GoT s08. It's been admirably detail-oriented and patient in its setup in all the ways the last several seasons of GoT weren't, while also distinguishing itself as a much more straight-faced (pseudo)-historical tragedy, dispensing with the sexposition and the dick jokes and the destined hero's journeys and zombie apocalypses and all that stuff. There's a palpable sense that most of these characters are just footnotes in a sad and turbulent era of history. It's deliciously dark and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Anyone else keeping up with House of the Dragon? I think it's quite terrific so far, and a welcome palate cleanser after GoT s08. It's been admirably detail-oriented and patient in its setup in all the ways the last several seasons of GoT weren't, while also distinguishing itself as a much more straight-faced (pseudo)-historical tragedy, dispensing with the sexposition and the dick jokes and the destined hero's journeys and zombie apocalypses and all that stuff. There's a palpable sense that most of these characters are just footnotes in a sad and turbulent era of history. It's deliciously dark and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Ryan Condal seems to have a better handle of the source material than Dumb and Dumber, and they've done a magnificent job so far. Paddy Considine's version of Viserys blows away the characterization in the book - a fact that even George R.R. Martin himself has acknowledged. They could've done a bit more to fill in the gaps between those time jumps, but fortunately, those are now behind us, as we are now truly getting into the meat of the story.

Also, I was worried that Daeron Targaryen had been adapted out, but I guess he'll be introduced next season.

Finished season 1 of Wolf Creek yesterday. Only 6 episodes roughly 1 hour a piece, so it felt very lean. Good pacing, no fucking around. Rules. Many cool moments and interesting outback characters, also the lead actress wasn't cringe or anything.

Of course John Jarratt is the star and he kills it as usual. Mick Taylor is easily my favourite horror franchise icon these days. Thanks especially to checking out the second Wolf Creek movie the other week. I may have waited years to see it if I didn't notice my old housemate and @Vegard Pompey gave it 4 stars on RYM. Totally unexpected, so much so I just had to give it a chance.

Anyways probably start season 2 soon.

FB_IMG_1665979688505.jpg

For a second there I wondered what I had missed. New Wolf Creek? New series? WTF? Then I realised you're just slow :p

Oh yeah I'm slow as fuck with TV stuff. :lol:

The pandemic early on sorta helped to change that. That's when I truly started taking advantage of streaming platforms.

ezgif-2-e46a038c98.gif

Reactions: Slammed
I have to watch stuff on TV, no point me going to the movies I end up falling asleep and missing half the movie!

I'm sure John needs something else to do, they should make a 3rd series.

There's a third movie planned for next year actually. Pretty worried though cos it ain't Greg McLean directing it, it's some broad who's never directed before. :erk:

Sure it'll be fine though, John is a supernova of charisma!

Bloody hell I still haven't started Mystery Road: Origin.

Mick might be stealing their ironing and doing the dusting!!

They'll be up to Mystery Road the new generation before you get around to watching it :p

Mick goes full feminist and starts guttin' the flamin' patriarchy. Nah I'm sure it'll be fine. :tickled:

The ABC streaming site is so shite that I think I just blocked it out! I need to pull my finger out. Especially before I start anything else. You liked it yeah?

Yeah I thought it was alright , the young bloke played a good Jay. While Steve Bisley played about the best dead shit, lazy fuck, copper you could ever imagine!