The Official Good Television Thread

Season 3 of Star Trek Picard kicked ass. Its the Star Trek Ive been waiting for for 29 years. When the second-last episode aired I legitimately cried tbh. Terry Matalas saved Star Trek.

Let me know how Black Snow is. I'm generally pretty unconvinced by Travis Fimmel for some reason, but he has been in a bunch of things I liked.

I finished watching Black Snow last night. I thought it was quite good. Not in the same vein as Limbo, partly because it was a series and they have 6-ish hours to flesh out the story, but it also had a different feel about it. It definitely wasn't as bleak as Limbo but the idea that the entire town had secrets and every secret led somewhere was well done. The city cop with deeper problems is a bit over used but I suppose it gives him character. But I did think the way they cut seamlessly between present day and history to tell the story was really well done.
There is a few notable performances.
Kym Gyngell as the grumpy old cop who didn't solve the case the first time doesn't do a bad job.
Erik Thompson does alright as a rich man who may as well own the town.
Travis Fimmel did alright too but he did seem to struggle a bit with the fully traumatised cop routine, but that may have been poor direction because I just didn't feel his pain like his face seemed to suggest was there.
Brooke Snatchsmell (I think I spelt that wrong) played a suitable role as the rich bitch daughter.
And most of the kids played their roles well too.
If you go looking for something like Limbo or Mystery Road you'll probably be disappointed but as a telemovie I thought it worked well.

Reactions: CiG
So big fan of Strange New Worlds but new episode (the musical episode) fucking sucks.

Musicals in general kinda fucking suck imo

how does it compare to the movie?
The movie takes place in New Zealand and is very funny. The series is in Staten Island, N.Y. I watched the 5th episode of the 4th season last night and laughed my ass off. The writers on the TV show are definitely in with the whole situation, and always come up with something unexpected.
If you haven't seen any of the TV show, I'd recommend you start from the first episode and watch them in order. Every character is amazing, especially Nadja, she's hilarious. The main characters from the movie even make a couple of cameo appearances.
If you have access to it, I definitely recommend it.

96dff9edea925a09e7a343532d5a5619.gif

RIP to this legend

Finished watching Twisted Metal last night. Not really sure that should be mentioned in the Good Television thread though.

• Haha
Reactions: CiG
Oh I enjoyed it, just not sure that it was worthy of a "good" title.
Sweet Tooth was hilarious
Will Smith look-a-like had his moments.
Not sure how keen I am for S2 though.

It's going to depend how how they handle it for me. If it's just a big demolition derby, survivor takes all then I can't see it being that entertaining. The big meet up with the cop towards the end of S1 wasn't that entertaining, except for Sweet Tooth. But if they can manage to make a story out of it then maybe it will be okay.

I'm all for mindless vehicular destruction myself.

Anyways I started that new Taylor Sheridan series Special Ops: Lioness.
Pretty good so far, though I'm not fully convinced it shouldn't have just been a movie, based on the story so far.