The Official Good Television Thread

There's a weird Venom sing along in the second episode of the new Righteous Gemstones.

Did anyone continue with Yellowjackets?

It was a slow burn, and it left enough hanging plot threads that I'm not confident the writers have a solid plan for the series. Didn't mind it while watching, I liked Elijah Wood's character and there was a part of the finale that hit me pretty hard, but we've now had two seasons of patient buildup without much payoff and I'm starting to doubt wherever it's going is gonna be worth the ride.

I think the character writing is consistently pretty good but idk if I'd stick around for another season of wheel-spinning.

Title sequence owns though, probably my favorite of any currently running series.

Finished watching Righteous Gemstones S3
Series starts a bit slow and for me bordered on boring, only saved for a few typical Gemstone moments. But it ramps up about half way in and ends quite well. Be interesting to see which direction they take S4.

Reactions: CiG
@CiG I finished watching Firebite last night. I'm not a huge vampire fan these days but I quite liked that show. Rob Collins and Callan Mulvey (who looks a bit like a vampire without make up) did well. The young girl Shantea played the young brat know it all arse kicker quite well. My only gripe was that, I think they jumped the shark with the final episode. I know it kind of sets up a second series (which I don't believe has been given the go yet) but I think they could have left it end at the second last episode.

It's funny, I used to dislike vampire stuff but as I get older I'm more and more drawn to it. Of course there are some very shitty examples of the topic but when someone puts a new or interesting spin on it I'm all for it.

Hopefully Thornton and Fletcher do a season 2 someday, or even just a movie to wrap the plot up. Would be a shame if they never returned to it.

The final episode
has vampire Tyson fight Shanika right? It's been awhile.

Reactions: Slammed
I think the idea of vampires living under ground in the Aussie opal grounds was a nice change from high schools and the like and the idea that they come in via the evening bus is kind of funny. I think it was the same same ideas that many vampire shows had that had me bored, but shows like Firebite although the same vampire sucks blood storyline was different enough to feel a little less like a copy of everything else.

The final episode is basically Tyson's transformation and Queen Bitch taking over the town. I feel they could have made that Ep 1 of S2 (if it ever gets made) and left us hanging with Tyson in a did he/didn't he moment.

Oh right! Yeah I definitely agree, the "did he survive" cliffhanger would've been better, as much as it would've pissed me off in the moment, that ending would've given a lot of desire for another season. Thornton just released a new movie so he's probably free now, hopefully the bastard does it.

Reactions: Slammed
I can't imagine the budget would be huge (compared to some shows). Maybe with the US writers strike the local industry might have to pick their game up.