The Official Good Television Thread

You should start watching Lost at the final episode and watch it backwards from there. Would be an interesting mindfuck.

The character who has intrigued me the most throughout the sixth season is Desmond. He was "enlightened" initially by Charlie, who convinced him that there was some perfect form of love calling out to him. Then, after Desmond was convinced, it was revealed that Charlie actually had to be convinced all over again. I'm still trying to understand why exactly Desmond was the enlightenment figure (other than the obvious philosophical influence on his character); but then again, that's part of the fun of the show.

Yeah, I dunno :/ Desmond's been an all-around special case since the Season 2 finale. And one of my favourite characters since Season 3.

So 24 is sadly over, I think it finished great, because it basically sets it up for the film due out next year (rumors on the date but it is confirmed for a movie).

Yeah i've been watching 24 since day 1, good season finale but shitty series finale. but i'm leaving the movie to really end the jack saga. i'd really like th emovie to be on a smaller scale in terms of the crisis that goes on, enough of this world saving conspiracy busting shit i want to see him save a bunch of hostages in a small room or something :lol:

I really don't see this strong character discussion, seems like it has always been the same. The only thing I could maybe think of is Jack and Kate, but it's always been there, like tension. I don't know, none of these explanations im reading are satisfying. I don't see how 6 seasons of this can just be said 'well they loved each other after all' :X

Watched first eps of a couple of shows I hadn't seen before last night, Sons Of Anarchy and Psychoville. The former didn't impress me at all, too macho wankerish or something but the later was quite good, twisted as fuck British comedy from the League of Gentlemen crew.

So, I finally started watching Breaking Bad. Holy shit, this show is amazing. I've only seen the first season, but I'll probably be buying the second one soon if I can find it cheap. I think Target sells it for twenty bucks or so. It's so well-acted, the script is great, and the combination of black humor and drama is chemically perfect ;) Just a really great show, can't believe it took me this long to check it out.

On another note, for those interested, this aired on HBO a few days ago:

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of Breaking Bad, I just finished watching the third season and it was utterly brilliant. Probably the best season yet and simply some of the best television I've ever seen.

Sons Of Anarchy

The first few episodes of season one are pretty weak, but it dramatically improves towards the end and the second season is far better overall. I recommend sticking with it.

I didn't watch the last episode of Breaking Bad season 3 yet, because i was busy. i need to download it asap.

Speaking of Breaking Bad, I just finished watching the third season and it was utterly brilliant. Probably the best season yet and simply some of the best television I've ever seen.

I'm a bit mixed on the third season, there's no doubt that it's still great, but I think I preferred the first two.

The first few episodes of season one are pretty weak, but it dramatically improves towards the end and the second season is far better overall. I recommend sticking with it.

Yeah I did, it definitely gets better. I just finished season one and it was pretty entertaining. Very far-fetched though. There's something very inauthentic about the whole thing. I'm just watching it while I wait for something better to come along.

The third season of Breaking Bad was my least favourite yet, but I still loved it, and I'm not sure if I would actually have changed anything if I was given the chance.

One thing I have to compliment the third season on is how goddamn awesome the cast is in it. The addition of Gus and Mike has done wonders for the show.

Just watched Season 6 of Peep Show. Fucking awesome. I wish there were more than 6 eps though, I want more dammit.

^ Yeah I'll agree with that.

New season of True Blood is fucking great. This show has gotten better with each season.

So, final thoughts on Doctor Who season 5? I was a little underwhelmed by the finale. It was cool and all, but wasn't nearly as epic as I'd like. And it was somewhat confusing, too.

Season 3 of Breaking Bad was amazing imo. The wait for the next one will be painful.

Also the latest season of True Blood has started most awesomely.

Lastly, has anyone watched this Game of Thrones thing yet? I'm almost capped and unsure if I want to risk wasting a download atm. edit: oh wait... just the TEASER aired? My bad.