The Official Good Television Thread

:lol:
the good news is (tvgn) tv guide network on my local cable is now showing Curb episodes mon-thurs @ 10p. Time to do sum catch'n up.

Does anyone remember / like Strangers With Candy? I have the dvd collection but havent watch in a while. Very funny shit...Amy Sedaris kills!

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched Weeds recently.

First 3 seasons were pretty good, but the 4th was just ridiculous, didn't fancy the 5th.

And started watching Six Feet Under. It's odd, nothing really stands out about it, but it's still enthralling.

Has anyone else been watching Rubicon? I really like the premise, but it's moving at a snail's pace.

No but I just googled it, looks interesting. Might have to check it out.

I recently finished watching Carnivale, I can't believe they canned it after two seasons. I didn't realise that this was what happened until I was about half way through the second season. Fucking shame. Apparently the writer had six seasons written.

Also just finished the last season of The Tudors, it was a strong finish after a pretty meh first half.

Currently laughing my ass off at "the Big Bang Theory".

@STN: I tried watching the Tudors, kind of lost interest after the first season.

I recently finished watching Carnivale, I can't believe they canned it after two seasons. I didn't realise that this was what happened until I was about half way through the second season. Fucking shame. Apparently the writer had six seasons written.

I really want to watch this. It sounds insane and twisted.

@STN: I tried watching the Tudors, kind of lost interest after the first season.

I got pretty bored with it as well, only really watched it when we had nothing else to watch. Wasn't too bad though.

I really want to watch this. It sounds insane and twisted.

It is. The "evil priest", Brother Justin, is one of the most powerful and scary motherfuckers I've seen on any series. Perfect casting.

I tried Rubicon, watched two episodes. Found it boring as hell.

Rubicon is very slow. The premise is the reason I stuck with it; and, if you can, it starts to pay off after about five episodes. It's really good right now.