The Official Good Television Thread

wainds: Great post, I absolutely agree. After it finished I almost felt like I'd lost a bunch of people I knew.

I'm almost through the first season of Sopranos. I don't love it yet, but I like it. I only found Tony interesting at first, but the rest of the cast is growing on me.

I started watching the show around season 3, so when I re-watched the lot from the start it was weird watching the first season because it's definitely a lot different and less refined than the later seasons.

Anyway, anyone ever noticed how seemingly random the posters are? Anthony Jr. has a Nevermore poster in his room, and listens to hip-hop. Meadow has an Ulver poster in her room (Nattens madrigal, actually) and listens to, well, Not Ulver. Did some metalhead set decorator just throw them there for fuck's sake?

AJ is portrayed as being into metal, not Meadow though. Maybe a set mixup or something.

what are everyone's favourite opening credits? i was thinking about this as i was watching the awesome opening to true blood (vid below), which, let's face it, are better than the show.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxINMuOgAu8&fmt=18[/ame]

what are everyone's favourite opening credits? i was thinking about this as i was watching the awesome opening to true blood (vid below), which, let's face it, are better than the show.

True Blood and The Sopranos are my faves. Dexter is pretty good as well, but I ended up fast forwarding through it after a while.

Dexter`s for sure. Man, the new season most be as good as the last one. Cant wait for it to start.

I just found out that I, well my girlfriend, has HBO, so we watched Boardwalk Empire, and both enjoyed it quite a bit. I've always enjoyed Steve Buscemi, and I usually enjoy settings that involve that time and organized crime-type stuff (i.e. Goodfellas).

yeah the first episode was really good. Steve Buscemi is great, and it seems like Michael Pitt will finally get a good enough role for him. I have high expectations for the show

Every time (three times) I accidentally turn True Blood on, guys are kissing each other or some other gay shit.

I am buying Season 2 of Sex and the City today. I also have gotten into Big Bang Theory.

I have terrible taste in television.

Maury, Springer, Oprah, Steve Wilkos, and Spongebob are the only tv shows that matter to me.

EDIT: end of fucking discussion

New shit started.

Mike and Molly: Two overeaters meet at a meeting and looks like a romantic sitcom thingy. Maybe liked it a bit more because I connected somewhat with the fat guy, but decent enough. Full of stereotypes though. Watchable, but not amazing.

Better with you: About 3 different couples from the same family, the parents (Featuring the mom from That 70s Show which is always a plus) and the two daughters. One been dating a guy for 9 years without marrying, the other been dating a guy for 7 weeks and decide to get married. Laugh tracked, a bit dodgy, but may turn good. Doubt it though.

Raising Hope: A teenager from a "wacky" lower class family tries to raise a baby. From the same guy that did my name is earl. Touching in places, funny too. I like it. The characters could be well fleshed out with a full series.

Running Wilde: Jobe Bluth stars (The actor, not the character). Childhood sweet hearts, he's running off dads money, she all treehugging and shit. Decent chemistry between the two leads, and narrated by the treehuggers daughter, who is a very good child actor. I say this because usually child actors fill me with indescribable rage. She's trying to make him a better man, yadda yadda. Could turn good. I think this one is getting a full series though.