The Official Good Television Thread

I never really watched tv during highschool or college, but I have started to watch a few shows the past couple of years via illegal downloading and netflix. Favorites include the following:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Third Rock from the Sun
Frasier
Twin Peaks
Psych
Burn Notice
Scrubs
Futurama

I love netflix and the availability and access to full seasons of tv shows at any time.

Is Twin Peaks that good? I watched the first two episodes, but I got so irritated by being clubbed over the head by the same three music cues all episode long. It comes in such stark contrast to the complete lack of music cues in The Wire. I generally like Lynch a lot, so I assume TP is worth it, but it sure doesn't seem to have aged well.

Is Twin Peaks that good? I watched the first two episodes, but I got so irritated by being clubbed over the head by the same three music cues all episode long. It comes in such stark contrast to the complete lack of music cues in The Wire. I generally like Lynch a lot, so I assume TP is worth it, but it sure doesn't seem to have aged well.

Twin Peaks is good! The way I understand it is that Lynch saw Twin Peaks as a prime-time supernatural soap opera. Some aspects have not aged well, there are some scenes that still make me cringe when re-watching it. At least stick with it until you find out who killed Laura Palmer. After her death, the show lost focus and the episodes declined in quality. It starts to pick up near the end of the series and the final episode is one of the craziest things I have ever seen. I can't believe they were able to show some of the scenes from this series on television 20 years ago. I agree with you on the music. At first it comes off as being cheesy, even out of place, but by the end of the series the music is creepy...almost haunting.

Breaking_Bad_logo.svg

Starts up again tonight! Been looking forward to this all week.

So does anyone here watch Flashpoint?

The first 2 episodes of season 4 were excellent! Probably one of the most captivating shows I've watched in recent times.

They're now playing repeats of Mantracker on OLN on Sundays rather than new episodes... guess that means I'm not watching much TV for a while.

I'm gonna do what I did with season 3 for Breaking Bad and watch the episodes 3 at a time or so. (Un?)Fortunately, I don't have a lot of friends who watch the series, so it should be fairly easy for me to avoid spoiler if I just stay the hell out of this thread and similar ones.

Had to watch the premiere though, for a taste of what this season will be like. Amazing fucking episode, as expected. Excellent follow-up to one of the most tense season finales ever.

Watched the premiere of the "Drunk and On Drugs Happy Funtime Hour" on Action on Friday. Utterly hilarious, the boys have still got it.

Feherty- on Golf Network (tue 9p) is quite amusing.

My only main interests...
Sons Of Anarchy- new season kicks off sept 6th
Spartacus- begin. jan.

Terriers- now official...will never see a second season. And thats a damn shame!

I watched all 4 seasons of Mad Men in a week once it was available on netflix instant. I'm more into crime/action dramas but I enjoyed the show. Drinking at work all day and sleeping with your hot secretary sounds like a grand lifestyle to me.

Been watching 10 Items or Less on instant this week. It's cracking my ass up, I think the fact I worked in a grocery store for 5 years has something to do with why I like it so much.