The Official Good Television Thread

I said earlier that I didn't think the ricin was for Lydia because it was just too obvious. The show just dwelled upon Lydia's tea routine often enough that it was the most apparent outcome. On the other hand, if the direction doesn't make a point to recognize this, how would the audience believe Walt's prescience. It sort of has to be at least a little obvious for us to believe that Walk thinks this will work. So, it was predictable, but it was the only way to get Lydia. I am curious how exactly he filled up a small paper pouch without being noticed.

Californication
Seinfeld
Dexter (great ending)
Family Guy
The Big Bang Theory

Big Bang Theory is the epitome of everything wrong with modern television. Horrible acting, horrible characters, horrible jokes, horrible writing. Fuck this show.

I just finished season 3 of The Walking Dead. Fucking great show.

Big Bang Theory is the epitome of everything wrong with modern television. Horrible acting, horrible characters, horrible jokes, horrible writing. Fuck this show.

I have to agree with you here Mr. Sphincter. I recently watched an episode and it was really painful.

I just finished season 3 of The Walking Dead. Fucking great show.

You call that horrible and then just finished season 3 of The Walking Dead? Ironic..

i need to get a blu ray drive for my pc so I can start buying the box sets of the US series that I can be bothered with. To hell with DVDs.

Why did he kill him again? I can't remember 2 damn years ago when I saw that season. Wasn't he learning the methods to cook to replace them?

What ever happened to individual responsibility? Can you just excuse someones actions because they're seemingly strongly influenced by external factors?

On a t.v. show? That is clearly designed to make viewers explore ethical conundrums? Yes... yes you can.

Put him down like a dog, you say. He has no moral compass, you say. All of these things are wrong. Not only are they wrong, they demonstrate what looks to me like an utter contempt for humanity in general. Yes, killing Gale was an awful thing to do. And you know what? Jesse wanted to die. He wanted someone to kill him.

But Vince Gilligan didn't kill him because he wants you to think a little bit harder than: "He was a stupid, selfish dog. Kill him."

Why did he kill him again? I can't remember 2 damn years ago when I saw that season. Wasn't he learning the methods to cook to replace them?

He killed him for Walt, because that egomaniacal psychopath drove his self-esteem and self-worth into the dirt.

It's funny how Jesse called everyone a bitch, when he himself was the biggest bitch on the show.

But Vince Gilligan didn't kill him because he wants you to think a little bit harder than: "He was a stupid, selfish dog. Kill him."

Yeah, you're right, I missed all that complexity.

How can you deny me what I feel? I really have no choice, certain people in my life constantly twisting any possibility of understanding out of me. I have the ability to analyze deeply but was never allowed to channel it.

:rolleyes:

I haven't seen a single episode of The Walking Dead. It is in my Netflix queue.

Should I watch? I have several coworkers (and my mother) telling me it is really good and to watch it.