The Official Good Television Thread

the forum hates you because you're a horrendous mysogynist

females are people too, goddammit

EDIT
the reason that i haven't put you on ignore is just because, for me specifically, your constant extreme mysogyny is totally freaking hilarious

In the dawn of time, Jehovah created two male humans. The first was called Ma-h and the second Wo-h.

For defiling the tabernacle, being entirely consumed by his sexuality, seeing himself as above and beyond the set of laws laid out to him by Jehovah and for practising witchcraft with the intent of controlling Ma-h and demeaning his pride, Jehovah punished Wo-h.

A burning axe, forged on the mountain of Ayrarat was flung down from the heavens and smote Wo-h, destroying his male genitalia and leaving with an unhealing wound. This wound would bleed for all time, upon interval, and in all the descendants of Wo-h as a reminder of Wo-h's original sin. Wo-h and all her descendants were now bound to submit to Ma-h, sexually and in general, and to his descendants. This relationship was designed and found by Jehovah himself and must not be altered or regarded with contempt.

Thus Man and Woman came to be. Verily, Jehovah is wise and almighty.

Cool show!

SOA kicked off lastnite and was the nuts off n running. Some rather disturbing moments. Esp the ending scene wich required come to find out a warning memo from the producer sent out prior to airing to the people of the Newtown Conn shooting masacre.

I'm thinking it's pretty overrated, and I definitely think it's failing by not showing more of Mickey's backstory because all we think is Ray is an asshole for how he is acting, but it's better than that Homeland crap.

How is Mickey a terrible person by what the show has portrayed? Getting his family together and he killed the FBI agent for Ray..only thing that might be sketchy is the Buchy(whatever his name is) relationship with all his past problems

Mathiäs;10702050 said:
rms, where did you say that about Mick?

We don't know his backstory--really--so how is he a bad guy? And remember when Ray said that Mickey broke his sisters arm or something as a kid and then the brothers were like no, we did it? I think there is more going on that the show isn't bothering to explain.

BREAKING BAD THEORY + (possible) SPOILERS

Next episode will almost certainly not resume in the shootout. I think it might be entirely or 90% flashbacks and flash forwards. In the end it reveals that Hank and Gomez die. Walt and/or Jesse are captured by the surviving Nazis to cook. Jesse does some act of altruism that frees Walt. After that escape Walt hits up Saul's new identity man. DEA inspects the Schrader household after Hank is missing or found dead. They find Walt's false confession DVD, and suddenly Hank's death makes sense. DEA investigation dropped. Jesse is cooking for the Nazis, and Walt returns with heavy weaponry to free Jesse and avenge Hank. He takes the ricin himself, leaving himself enough time to say goodbye to his family, but not enough to do any further damage.

They have stated that he was a gangster who neglected his family, was borderline abusive, had an affair while his wife was dying, etc. Then he brings Ray's kids to that party, where there's pot and alcohol. He has not been portrayed as a good person.

The last episode was good, but it bothered me a bit because Ray is generally very meticulous and careful, just handing the money over without confirmation seemed out of character. And why would Sean Walker admit to killing that girl? That scene should have been explained more.

Well the gangsta plot growing up in Southie is kind of common, it's not like he was the only guy ever to be involved in that. I don't think that merits being a terrible person, shit all parents and people in Boston are abusive--and it erased one aspect of the abuse when they admitted that he didn't break his sisters arms growing up. Well his wife could have been a piece of shit, what do we know? Didn't he say the black chick was the only girl he loved and that he was with their mother because she was the mother of their kids? Shit my dad gave me beers at 10 years old, is he a bad person? All older generations are different about partying, especially when you do 20 in jail.

and that is?

Going to a gay bar.:lol:

Mathiäs;10703905 said:
but it bothered me a bit because Ray is generally very meticulous and careful, just handing the money over without confirmation seemed out of character. And why would Sean Walker admit to killing that girl? That scene should have been explained more.

Totally agree with this, that part with Ray just giving the money out had me scratching my head too.

One of my favorite parts is when Sully and his two goons are in the mo-mo talking shit about L.A. .... "fuck this town..." :lol:

Thank god there was none of the horibble tommy wheeler storyline in this episode. They could have done without that whole angle.

edit: I can see why Ray absolutely hates Mick ... but still nothing that warrants him trying to smoke his own dad.

I'm not sure whether it belongs in this thread, but one of my favorite shows, Burn Notice, ended Thursday night. It used to be a great show, but the last couple of seasons were plagued with shitty writing. I was also disappointed with the weak finale. In a year or two when I re-watch the show I will probably stop watching somewhere in Season 5.

Going to a gay bar.:lol:

Totally agree with this, that part with Ray just giving the money out had me scratching my head too.

One of my favorite parts is when Sully and his two goons are in the mo-mo talking shit about L.A. .... "fuck this town..." :lol:

Thank god there was none of the horibble tommy wheeler storyline in this episode. They could have done without that whole angle.

edit: I can see why Ray absolutely hates Mick ... but still nothing that warrants him trying to smoke his own dad.

If my dad was like Mick, and then I find out he's working with the FBI to try to put me and my bosses in jail, I would do the same thing. Ray doesn't know that Mick shot the FBI agent yet, not that it would change his plans at all. But Ray sees Mick as someone trying to destroy his life.

Mathiäs;10704487 said:
If my dad was like Mick, and then I find out he's working with the FBI to try to put me and my bosses in jail, I would do the same thing. Ray doesn't know that Mick shot the FBI agent yet, not that it would change his plans at all. But Ray sees Mick as someone trying to destroy his life.

Dude Mick obviously isnt trying to send Ray to jail or he wouldnt have killed the FBI dude..come on!

Did you watch the newest episode yet?

Yeah, it was pretty good. I think the nurse is going to be problematic for them.. next week's episode is going to be crazy. And he only killed the FBI agent because he was protecting his movie career!