The Official Good Television Thread

Anyone catch the Dexter series finale? It was pretty solid outside of the final scene. But overall, they just did not handle this season well at all. When the show was firing on all cylinders, it was one of TV's best, and even though the last few seasons werent that good, it deserved a much better ending.

Still need to watch yesterdays Boardwalk Empire and i actually want to catch that Ray Donovan finale too.

He firstly kills the extractor, makes his way to ABQ. Finds the Nazis, obliterates them all only to leave Jesse to kill Todd who then becomes the new Heisenberg. Walt then goes to Gray Matter and kills them with the ricin then makes his way to his family to seek forgiveness only to be rejected and kills Skyler as the cops close in, he then kills himself with the last dosage of the ricin with a smile on his face. Fades to black.

Pretty sure the ricin is going in Lydia's tea. I don't think Walt will use it on himself as it seems like a weird way of committing suicide. What will he do, take it and sit around for a few days until he dies?

Mathiäs;10709258 said:
The finale was so fucking good.

Seemed sort of a stretch at times. Ray will meet James Woods' dude in the middle of the night with no one around and then is surprised when he shoots the Lebanese dude? Then Mickey kills Woods which is fine but then all is well with him and the brothers? Showtime is just missing the mark with good writing, it ruined Homeland for me as well.

And then FINALLY showed the real aspects of the childhood Ray had, which we waited 12 damn episodes for. Not in love with the show.

Anyone catch the Dexter series finale? It was pretty solid outside of the final scene. But overall, they just did not handle this season well at all. When the show was firing on all cylinders, it was one of TV's best, and even though the last few seasons werent that good, it deserved a much better ending.

Still need to watch yesterdays Boardwalk Empire and i actually want to catch that Ray Donovan finale too.

This last season was awful, they could've saved it with a happy ending but I hated it.

@rms, it's not all fine, Ray still expects him to leave town. How was it bad writing?

Speculation on the Breaking Bad finale?

I've predicted for years that Jesse will be the one to kill Walt. I don't want it to happen, but it seems like it's the only way they can end it at this point...

Walt will take the ricin before turning himself into the cops after killing who he wants to kill. I think he will confess to everything to clear his family. He'll rat on Lydia. The ricin is the most sure way to commit suicide in jail.

I would be shocked if the Grey Matter people ever show up in the finale. What Walt perceives to be their transgression against him is nothing compared to what Uncle Jack and Todd have done. They are the targets.

I was pretty satisfied. Everyone got a sendoff. Even Badger and Skinny Pete. I suppose that maybe that would be the complaint from some, that it was a bit too crowd-pleasing. Walt is less of a monster here than he was a few episodes ago. If you wanted Breaking Bad to punish Walt fans, it most definitely didn't do that.

On Breaking Bad:

I do think it was a good ending, just not particularly spontaneous or innovative, if that makes sense. It was predictable, in fact. Mere minutes into it I could tell exactly what they were going to do: plug all the holes they needed to fill, and do it in 75 minutes.

I enjoyed watching it, it was well-written and well-paced; but it just didn't have the wow factor that other episodes did. Somewhat deflationary. On the whole, it wrapped up the series nicely; but it didn't pull any punches.

Overall I'm satisfied with the ending of Breaking Bad. I knew almost exactly what was going to happen but, really, it couldn't have ended any other way.