The official metal 2010 thread!

About time :kickass:

Amorphis:
The live DVD "Forging The Land Of Thousand Lakes", filmed in Oulu/FI during the 2009 tour, will be relased in early June. Watch out for the limited four-disc Deluxe Edition, which will contain two DVDs and two CDs: DVD 1 - the Oulu concert (also available in Dolby Digital 5.1) DVD 2 - the complete Summer Breeze 2009 gi...g, a video documentary, promo video clips & a photo gallery CD 1+2 - the complete Oulu gig

Hate to pull a Mort here, but

Hour of Penance >>>>> Fleshgod Apocalypse

Lovin the Nocte Obducta love on the last page. I'll check out the new Agrypnie, though their albums tend to be great first listeners with little lasting impact.

agrypnie_-_16%5B485%5Dg.jpg

Agrypnie - 16[485]

This is fucking awesome, expansive, progressive, modernized post-black metal with balls. It verges on -core here and there, but it's nothing like weak American metalcore most people here despise, so I'd urge everyone who likes anything remotely "modern" or "progressive" to check this band out...more people neeeeeed to hear this! Win.

Fucking amazing stuff man, only just saw this post, thanks for reminding me :kickass:

I'll definitely be looking into them. From your description it sounds like I would enjoy them.

About time :kickass:

Amorphis:
The live DVD "Forging The Land Of Thousand Lakes", filmed in Oulu/FI during the 2009 tour, will be relased in early June. Watch out for the limited four-disc Deluxe Edition, which will contain two DVDs and two CDs: DVD 1 - the Oulu concert (also available in Dolby Digital 5.1) DVD 2 - the complete Summer Breeze 2009 gi...g, a video documentary, promo video clips & a photo gallery CD 1+2 - the complete Oulu gig

Awesome! Can't fucking wait.

Fellow Soilwork fans, check out a studio drum report from Dirk...you can hear a really quiet guitar track in the back, and Dirk's drumming is sick as usual. Check it!

Last edited by a moderator:
New Svartsot album - Mulmets Viser

We are proud to be able to announce the title and release dates of the forthcoming Svartsot album. The album is entitled Mulmets Viser (which translates to Songs of the Darkness), and contains 12 tracks. A limited edition digipack boasting two bonus tracks and an alternative cover will also be available.

The track list is as follows:

Æthelred
Lokkevisen
Havfruens Kvad
Højen på glødende Pæle
På Odden af hans hedenske Sværd
Laster og Tarv
Den svarte Sot
Kromandens Datter
Grendel
Jagten
Lindisfarne
I Salens varme Glød

And the release dates are:

24.03.10 - Spain
26.03.10 - GAS, Benelux, FRA, ITA, SWE
29.03.10 - Rest of Europe
06.04.10 - USA/Canada​

I'll be interested to hear how this one turns out, since it's pretty much an entirely new band