The Opeth Collector's Thread

Well crap, I was browsing the O-merch site and found this while about to order the box set

The Opeth Limited Edition Wooden Box Set
Not Available Outside Of The Uk & Europe

son of a bitch

you could try viva hate, they might still have a bunch left, and maybe even some of the white vinyl! but you should read the opeth 6lp box thread first haha, some people had some problems with viva hate, myself included

but now i have box 55/1000 :p

I recently received a second copy of Selections From Ghost Reveries (which is signed by 4 members of the band) - My other copy is signed only by Mike and Peter. :p

Umm... Can you capture some photos of that and upload, please? :oops: I would like and also I believe that majority of people would like to see how that looks, from the "closer view". :kickass:

I recently received a second copy of Selections From Ghost Reveries (which is signed by 4 members of the band) - My other copy is signed only by Mike and Peter. :p

Was that on ebay a few weeks ago? If it was, I was so close to getting it but my computer crashed. :(

I've started to build up my Opeth collection these past few months. I just received my copy of Ghost Reveries on vinyl this morning. The week before I got the special edition Blackwater Park CD on MFN. The slipcase isn't in great condition but I only paid £2.40 for it so I'm not too fussed. I also got Still Life and BWP CD promos a few months ago.

Was that on ebay a few weeks ago? If it was, I was so close to getting it but my computer crashed. :(

It was quite recent yes. :p
Here's a pic of both of them:
selectionsss.jpg

And a closeup of the one signed by 4 members.
newselections.jpg

I'm getting quite a few signed items now :)

You guys missed something pretty incredible mentioned by "FarOffGrace" in this post from September 7, 2008, in this thread.

He was offering up an item with this description:
"Deliverance promotional 2-track radio sampler CD"

This would NOT be the Deliverance Radio Edit single! I have never EVER heard of this item anywhere, including sites that list even the most ultra-ultra-obscure Opeth promos. We have to follow up on this and find out what the two tracks are, etc....! :headbang:

Could you point out some of those sites?

I'm also starting to collect a few opeth things, still don't nothing so special, but I would like to see some comprehensive list of available items.

Could you point out some of those sites?

I'm also starting to collect a few opeth things, still don't nothing so special, but I would like to see some comprehensive list of available items.

Same here. I'm also wanting to start, and I'd like to be pointed into the right direction to start gathering vinyl and such.

Also, do you guys listen to your vinyl collections? Ill be honest I've never listened to records but I've always heard that they are favorites among audiophiles.

Can't wait to start my collection!

Also, do you guys listen to your vinyl collections? Ill be honest I've never listened to records but I've always heard that they are favorites among audiophiles.

Yeah, I listen to all my vinyls. But i'm not one of those guys that can buy something just to have it sit there and look cool. I know some people buy vinyls and will get them framed or tuck them away. I only buy my music on vinyl and always enjoy listening to them, its definitely a different experience than just popping in a CD.

Same here. I'm also wanting to start, and I'd like to be pointed into the right direction to start gathering vinyl and such.

Can't wait to start my collection!

I only listen to some of my vinyl, i have some rare stuff that ive never even opened. But then i have alot of other vinyl that i throw onto the turn table all the time, there is no experience like listening to vinyl.

I listen to both, and it depends what mood I'm in or what it's for. There are tons of albums that I have both on vinyl and CD. My turntable doesn't have a headphone jack so I can only listen to it through the speakers. If I want to listen in private I do so on CD, etc.

I've started to build up my Opeth collection these past few months. I just received my copy of Ghost Reveries on vinyl this morning. The week before I got the special edition Blackwater Park CD on MFN. The slipcase isn't in great condition but I only paid £2.40 for it so I'm not too fussed. I also got Still Life and BWP CD promos a few months ago.

Where did you find the "Blackwater Park" promo CD? I have been looking for that for months and have not seen it on eBay.