The Power metal thread

Owens is in very large part a fucking Halford clone. I'm sure he would admit this himself if he hasn't before, so you can stop defending him, Mort.

Also, fuck the both of them and fuck the vast majority of Iced Earth's work and everyone else associated with the band aside from DiGiorgio.

Uh, no he isn't. He may have the same high wails as Halford but that is about it.

EDIT: And let the record state, Owens tone during those wails is so much less annoying than Halford.

Even on Painkiller - the album which Owens is the most similar to Halford on they don't sound as similar as you're making them out to be.

I'm not saying he's entirely a clone, but it's undeniable that a large part of his performance is just aping Halford. And you're a fucking loser for thinking that Halford is at all "annoying."

And Tim Owens fucking sucks and is a faggot and should stop singing (and especially writing music) and he's never sung on a good album in his life (Winter's Bane sucks).

3 Inches Of Blood is one of the most egregious affronts to Metal in the last decade.

I never heard too much about Panzer Dragon until coming here, now you all have me really wanting to get some of their stuff. I still need to pop my Fates Warning cherry as well :cry:

I like Helloween, Iced Earth, Running Wild, Royal Hunt (not sure if they belong here) and the Gamma Ray and Jag Panzer that I have heard.

I will have to check out blind guardian. I just want to use the opportunity to tell everyone how good Royal Hunt are though

Check out these songs by them

Kingdom Dark and Running Wild. thats all I know, I need to buy some of the albums, the ones on youtube of those songs are with the singer who I like.

One of the few power metal bands that I enjoy is Stratovarius, especially the earlier stuff like 'Fourth Dimension' 'Episode' and 'Destiny'. Thats pretty much the only band I can listen to regularly. I just have to be in the mood...