The Power metal thread

Listen to Blind guardia,Dragonforce,Sonata Arctica,Helloween,Running Wild,Demons&Wizards,Edguy,Gamma Ray,Stratovarius,Power Quest,Nightscape,Moonlight Agony,Olympos mons,Axenstar,Last Tribe,Timeless Miracle,Celesty,Skylark,Crystal Eyes,Dreamtale,Highland Glory,Domine,etc etc etc......:kickass::kickass:

Owens is a mediocre halford clone, the vocalist from 3 inches of blood is way superior than owens

Eww no 3IOB are pure crap imo,they try so hard to be metal.The "Clean" vocalist sounds ridiculous and you cant even understand him...and the metalcore singer needs to leave if the band wants to be somewhat successful

I really like Power Metal, but unfortunately have not heard a great deal of different bands.
Also; something aout the vocals (and often lyrics) annoys me. It's hard to explain.
I like;
Iced Earth (mix of Power and Classic Metal is great).
Dragonforce
Pyramaze (thier vocalist annoys me and I can't listen to it too often (not that he's not good) can't wait to hear Immortal, with Matt Barlow).

That's all I can think of right now.

I don't like Blind Guardian or Demons & Wizards for aforementioned reason.

I've been listening to Europe's The Final Countdown lately, and it's pretty fucking sweet. I love that adventurous, sci-fi-ish sensibility that so many '80s metal bands had. I know Europe aren't technically 'power metal', but they basically have the same mentality, and probably a great deal of influence.

Has anyone listened to bands that have a similar power/glam sound to Europe's? I'm really interested in hearing more of that.

overlorde.jpg

steelassassinwotes400ah2.jpg

Return%20of%20the%20Warrior.jpg

holymartyr.jpg

Advance and Vanquish is a good album. I haven't heard anything else from 3IOB though

Yeah it was.
I really don't like the guy who just screams in the background though, it gets pretty annoying.

But I love the lead singer's voice, it's fun to sing out loud to. :D

3 Inches Of Blood is fucking horrible shit and shouldn't be discussed in this thread.