the problem with headbanger's ball

Spectacular Views said:
For the ever-so-clichéd comparison, if a huge proportion of the population vehemently despised metal on the basis of something like Limp Bizkit, wouldn't it bug you enough to want to correct them?

You know, you're right. Didn't even think of it like that.

Hey, did anybody ever catch the Headbanger's Ball that used to be on the radio? I think it was like 2 years ago, and it had Ricky Rachtman (sp?) too, I couldn't fucking believe it. It was on some talk station at midnight or 2 in the morning or so, and it was incredible, Danzig, Megadeth, Metallica, Black Flag, all kinds of good shit was being played, but I haven't been able to find the show since I heard it that one time... anybody know what I'm talking about, maybe there's a metal show somewhere else on the dial?

I definately should. Actually, I do get out quite a bit, I just get less sleep.

Yeah, that's the problem. They're taking this half-metal bullshit and selling it to the kids and it's spawning this horrible trend.

I liked them a while ago. Their first CD is still quite enjoyable at times. But their whole image and just the trend that they've helped inspire is what I hate. Avenged Sevenfold are another big one.

Oh god... A7X... there earlier stuff was good, Bat Country was good (if you could ignore the music video)... but they act like such posers... and I feel that they've sold out (as do many others). In general... they piss me off.

As for Atreyu, I liked there The Curse CD. There newest CD had a few memorable tracks, but in general they're borderline completly selling out. There first CD.... omg... godly!