the problem with headbanger's ball

ender7227 said:
Thank you! God I hate it when people make that stupid leap in logic.

Why? One group is a bunch of whiney, self important fucks that play gay music, the other are the same with poppier music and gayer hair.

The common denominator is that they're all fucking shite.

If it looks, smells and appalls like shit, it's shit.

I can care less whether or a band is mainstream or underground. If I like it, I like it. If someone disagrees, then that is his/her fault.

Spectacular Views said:
metalcore isnt fucking emo

edit: no real emo band has ever been played on MTV

:lol:

And you care to differentiate why...?

I don't know, actually I consider most shit music emo these days, Fall Out Boy isn't emo? Now that's some whiny assed vocals, maybe different band, but yeah...

I don't consider FOB to be emo, but I do think that they're shit, and most emo kids listen to shit rock anyway.

Carcassian said:
Why? One group is a bunch of whiney, self important fucks that play gay music, the other are the same with poppier music and gayer hair.

The common denominator is that they're all fucking shite.

If it looks, smells and appalls like shit, it's shit.

Rites of Speing and Indian Summer are hardly whiney, yet they are two of the first and biggest emo bands and their music is nowhere near as terrible as the likes of Panic! at the disco, Dashboard Confessional and the pop bands that are considered emo today.

Boo-hoo, I've got emotions, boo-hoo my parents/girlfriend don't like me much.

They were irritating cunts in 91, and nothing has changed since then.

I watched HBB and tonight and the problem with that show is that they played 2 actually metal videos and one of them was by Dragonforce.

They should have played this video instead:
watch

Imp! said:
:lol:

And you care to differentiate why...?

I don't know, actually I consider most shit music emo these days, Fall Out Boy isn't emo? Now that's some whiny assed vocals, maybe different band, but yeah...

FOB is pop with some kind of vague post-hardcore punk influence, not emo.

http://www.mesaverde.co.uk/mp3/ This is a pretty good audio guide to actual emo. I still wouldn't expect most people here to like it, but at least don't be ignorant.

Carcassian said:
Boo-hoo, I've got emotions, boo-hoo my parents/girlfriend don't like me much.

They were irritating cunts in 91, and nothing has changed since then.

I know you have me on ignore but seriously very few emo bands have lyrics like this.

Ughh, so now when we say we hate emo do we have to differentiate by saying ''we hate pop-punk hardcore influenced ''emo""?? Or else you're going to reprimand us every time? Bullocks.

Susperia said:
Ughh, so now when we say we hate emo do we have to differentiate by saying ''we hate pop-punk hardcore influenced ''emo""?? Or else you're going to reprimand us every time? Bullocks.

What's wrong with "I hate contemporary pop-punk/pop rock"? MTV-mo is a cute term I like, too ^^;

The problem is, even to people that claim to hate some misinterpretation of "emo," it means different things. In the mid to early 90s, it was basically indie rock and bands like Sunny Day Real Estate. In the late 90s/early 00s, it was thick-rimmed box glasses, Jimmy Eat World and Saves The Day. Now it's stupid haircuts and shit like My Chemical Romance. Or Dashboard Confessional. Or Taking Back Sunday. Who all sound pretty different. Even if you're going to use the term incorrectly just for the benefit of having a suitable pejorative, emo has such a long history of being misrepresented that it's still incredibly imprecise.

For the ever-so-clichéd comparison, if a huge proportion of the population vehemently despised metal on the basis of something like Limp Bizkit, wouldn't it bug you enough to want to correct them?

Emo has taken over almost everything, Kerrang! went emo years ago, and now they try to mosh in pits, but just look ridiculous cause they do this half-dance, half jump-kicking thing that gets people seriously hurt. Bloody emo's.

Would just like to point out thay Dashboard Confessional didn't used to be classed as emo, but emo's like it, so they took it on... just wanted to point that out.

noitcefrepdewalf said:
anyone go to watch headbanger's and see three obscure bands that all sound the same or they play Senses Fail, From First to Last, and Hawthorne Heights and the Victory Records gang. You can tell Jasta is pissed. Now i wasn't born when Rachtman did HB but i found some episodes online and it's amazing. What the fuck is MTV doing to Headbanger's Ball? and now FUSE has moved all metal shows to like 1 AM.
Shit, Jasta is from the same young punk-ass generation as Senses Fail, Hawthorne Heights, etc. I was fucking pissed when they brought the show back on the air with his melon head for a host! Hatebreed ain't fucking metal! They should've got someone a lot more credible and solidified within the genre to host, someone like Mustaine, Azagthoth, Benton, or Barney from Napalm. Someone whom you see and think "metal" instead of "Airwalks and baggy shorts". Oh well, maybe I'm just an old fart, but I remember watching the old Ball as a kid with punk-ass Rikki Rat-man for a host fucking RELIGIOUSLY every Saturday night and the underground videos they would play afterwards for an hour or two. I'd sit there and absorb the essence of the music that would eventually become a large part of my life.

Xeroth said:
Would just like to point out thay Dashboard Confessional didn't used to be classed as emo, but emo's like it, so they took it on... just wanted to point that out.

it amazes me how you demonstrate that you actually read the thread and yet still continue to be an ignorant fuck

so offended by someone who doesn't know me at all. I DON'T CARE about people's opinions about me. So you can call me anything you want really, and I just won't care.

VadimVon said:
They should've got someone a lot more credible and solidified within the genre to host, someone like Mustaine, Azagthoth, Benton, or Barney from Napalm.

mustaine is the man :kickass: but i woudln't want him to host cause he is also the biggest dick in metal though i was just listening to Megadeth.

i say get Bjorn Ove Ingemar "Speed" Strid (i love saying his full name) because he is in so many bands...Soilwork, Terror 2000, Disarmonia Mundi, and he's definitely in more

They played Suffocation last night. It was cool. However the band they interviewed (18 visions) wasn't metal and they and the host (the singer from Silent Civilian) had the emoest haircuts ever. It made me sad that those guys were heading headbanger's ball, when there are so many metal bands that deserve to be there.