the REAL reason Bodom asks, are you dead yet?

Jani Laiho

Aug 25, 2004
well.....here goes Jani's lame ass are you dead yet review...

yeah, i know. Im behind on the album. the thing was just released on the 25th over here. and yeah i waited for it to come out! all i gotta say is that Alexi needs to stop listening to system of a down...static x and most importantly, nine inch nails.

its new....i give it that...but its nothing special. some of the songs SUCKED! some of them were okay...my personal favorite is Living Dead Beat....and if you want peace prepare for war. those 2 are totally bad ass. different, but still bad ass. trust me...im not saying this album is as good as Hatebreeder....but i wouldnt say it sucked. it had ups and downs.

Gavin made a good point on punch me i bleed....that shit has Pantera written all over it. i was actually eager to hear it when i read how he described it.

so yeah, pretty much...ehhh, 2 or 3 good songs. a lot of shitty ones, and afew...alright ones. Bodom can definitely do better, ill say that. but...all in all, nothing to cry your eyes out about...bodom isnt trooooo!! they sold out! eh..fuck all that. they're different, in a lame way....the elements are still there, alexi is just getting influenced by shitty ass music lately, and Janne.....quite frankly....he's becoming a pre-madonna..

I waited till the the 25th too (only had the sampler previously), and I thought there were only 3 good songs on there. Trashed and IYF I've heard a billion times already so those were songs I automatically skipped. Punch me is just god awful. It does sound like a wanna be attempt to sound like newer Pantera material. Bah, I need to do more constructive stuff than bitch about this album...

I didn't like HCDR when it came out either, doubt it will happen with AYDY, but I'm just saying sometimes it takes time to get used to new albums. It took me quite a while to get used to HCDR (I used to think it was too aggressive for the Bodom Style), but now I think almost every song on there kicks ass, also watching the songs live helped.....like I said, I doubt it will happen with AYDY, but hey, who knows...

What's a pre-madonna? Maybe you mean a primadonna?
Also, I agree. Alexi should avoid listening to any band that sold over 5000 records.

*fellates every member of Kayo Dot*
*is true undertground elite*
*DESPISES Arch Enemy, COB and In Flames*
*is cool and hip*

i dont care what alexi listens to...but if it makes him think of material like on aydy then...yeah...its not a good thing lol. but as for janne, what i meant is that he's so full of himself now, he's getting a bigger head every day. same with alexi....they're getting this whole, we're rock stars! attitudes and just shunning the fans more. jaska and the others are still alright though, as far as im concerned.

Lanterns said:
Alexi should avoid listening to any band that sold over 5000 records.
^^ that shit is rong bitch

No he should start learning rap like my dog Fred Durst, YEA nigga come on dogs can you dig it?

Fred durst can rip alexi a new asshole in lyrics.

Lanterns said:
What's a pre-madonna? Maybe you mean a primadonna?
Also, I agree. Alexi should avoid listening to any band that sold over 5000 records.

*fellates every member of Kayo Dot*
*is true undertground elite*
*DESPISES Arch Enemy, COB and In Flames*
*is cool and hip*

Funny you say that when we all love bands like ozzy and maiden and yet they've sold more records than you've blinked.

DoodgeGant said:
Funny you say that when we all love bands like ozzy and maiden and yet they've sold more records than you've blinked.
Funny how you can't grasp the concepts of "irony" and "sarcasm".

Lanterns said:
Funny how you can't grasp the concepts of "irony" and "sarcasm".

Oh sorry, my mistake! I forgot! you've never mentioned youre pissed off at the people who apparently hate cob because Alexi likes popular music! my fucking mistake indeed! Funny how you can grasp those two things, but suck balls at putting them together in your favour.

Seriously, you (you know I'm talking to you, you) all seem to think that Cob's become a sell-out, and they're this and that and everything horrible. But where's the proof? You're all mind readers? Reading between the lines isn't all that accurate method, you know...

Chaosia said:
Seriously, you (you know I'm talking to you, you) all seem to think that Cob's become a sell-out, and they're this and that and everything horrible. But where's the proof? You're all mind readers? Reading between the lines isn't all that accurate method, you know...
if you can't hear it in the music you need to get your ears checked, your fucking deaf. thats like saying "metallica didn't sell out with load, reload, or st anger"

Elysian893 said:
if you can't hear it in the music you need to get your ears checked, your fucking deaf. thats like saying "metallica didn't sell out with load, reload, or st anger"

beautifully said...very well put. btw i loved the steel chair that lars used as a snare on st anger :lol:

but there are afew songs that i DO like on this album, although they are....different.

This thread is rubbish. None of you complained about the punk influences on Hatebreeder (half of you probably were probably too young to speak), or that Sixpounder sounds ten times more like Pantera than Punch Me.. CoB has always had different influences, but the only ones I hear on AYDY are traditional metal and nothing more. Go listen to some more music.

hibernal_dream said:
This thread is rubbish. None of you complained about the punk influences on Hatebreeder (half of you probably were probably too young to speak), or that Sixpounder sounds ten times more like Pantera than Punch Me.. CoB has always had different influences, but the only ones I hear on AYDY are traditional metal and nothing more. Go listen to some more music.

That's because Hatebreeder was fantastic......

Chaosia said:

It's right here you groupie

Blabbermouth said:
CHILDREN OF BODOM mainman Alexi Laiho has told MTV.com that he hopes his band will spend next summer as part of Ozzfest 2006.

I’ve been listening to AYDY quite a bit lately, trying to give it a fair chance, and while some of the songs are good. I simply cannot comprehend how fans of a band that released albums like Hatebreeder and Something Wild can be happy with this new effort.

In Your Face, If You Want Peace and Bastards Of Bodom are good stand alone tracks. But the album as a whole is simply not good enough.
I honestly think Alexi has a lot of maturing to do still yet, as he obviously doesn't understand how to evolve. Its great to go into new styles and try new things, but you can't simply discard the sound that made you who you are. If they want to be successful they need to take their sound from Hatebreeder and such, and incorporate that into these new influences. At the moment this simply sounds like Black Label Society with keyboards to me. If that’s what Alexi wants, then fine. But they could be so much more.

Day_Before_Dawn said:
At the moment this simply sounds like Black Label Society with keyboards to me. If that’s what Alexi wants, then fine. But they could be so much more.
that is exactly what i said when i listened to this album... i even posted that in a thread or 2...