the results of the UM Users top 100 metal album poll

Sacramentum's Far Away From the Sun is by far better than anything dissection has ever done.

(to the Misfit guy) Thanks for having that opinion. It's better to keep the idiots out of the genre.

I guess Sacramentum went downhill after Far Away From the Sun. I've only heard Thy Black Destiny and The Coming of Chaos and they don't come close to touching Dissection.

Erik said:
Heh, I was really just making fun of the fact that I had exactly one more album than Dreamlord. Really, having many of these is nothing but a measurement of how trendy you are. :Smug:

Seriously, I, too, feel that there is far too little representation of doom metal in the list. Then again, doom is probably the least understood metal genre, so...
Yeah, i'd agree with that. Doom is my least listened-to genre, I have to be in a very specific mood for it otherwise I find it quite boring.

J. said:
I guess Sacramentum went downhill after Far Away From the Sun. I've only heard Thy Black Destiny and The Coming of Chaos and they don't come close to touching Dissection.

I prefer The Coming of Chaos to most Dissection as well, actually, but I get why some people don't.

heres some statistics

Reign In Blood had 95 more points than its nearest rival. most other albums were a few point between there neighbours.

also Napalm Death, Machine Head, Destruction, Paradise Lost and Lacuna Coil all reciveved absloutely no votes

Guardian of Darkness said:
Ever heard Far Away From The Sun?
Only the title track and I think its pretty good (don't really like the stuff I've heard off of the other albums though). Don't get me wrong I see where the apeal is with this band, I just don't think they are nearly as good of songwriters or composers as Dissection. Both bands seem to have simliar goals (as far as the message behind their music) and I think Dissection is far superior at achieving their goal.

crimsonfloyd said:
Only the title track and I think its pretty good (don't really like the stuff I've heard off of the other albums though). Don't get me wrong I see where the apeal is with this band, I just don't think they are nearly as good of songwriters or composers as Dissection. Both bands seem to have simliar goals (as far as the message behind their music) and I think Dissection is far superior at achieving their goal.

Honestly, you should try the entire album for making such a statement. None of Sacramentum's other work is anywhere near as good. Composition/songwriting-wise, Far Away From The Sun is virtually on a par with the greatest albums ever. Far more sophisticated than anything Dissection ever did.

Well I'll get the rest of the album, but I really don't think they express themselves nearly as well as Dissection, but yeah I'll see what I think after hearing the whole album...

id think some Symphony X, Dream Theater, and Nightwish would be there. Otherwise, a great list, better than anything else I can see.

I think these albums deserve a spot on there, perhaps a top 110 list? :D

Deicide- Legion
Dying Fetus- Killing On Adrenaline
Emperor- IX Equilibrium (should be there instead of Prometheus)
Gorguts- Obscura
Meshuggah- Contradictions Collapse
Morbid Angel- Covenant or Heretic
Nevermore- The Politics of Ecstasy
Nile- Black Seeds of Vengeance
Soilwork- A Predator's Portrait or Chainheart Machine
S.O.D.- Speak English or Die