The return of the "How are you today?" thread

Went to school today, fell asleep when I sat down in the classroom. I remember my English-teacher woke me up, so I might have slept 1 hour. I can't walk very well today because I played the match yesterday, still my legs. So I didn't want to sit for 2 hours, just watching the other do sport. Easy day today.

Great day today too. Not so much to do, most info and picking up books and that kind of stuff, but I get to knew a few more people tho. That was nice.
We were allowed to go home at 12:00 am, and I also fixed everything (signing papers and so on) so that I'm soon to have my first load of scholarship into my bankaccount : D

How am I today? I'm sexy today, very sexy.
quoted
Wtf did you do? o_O
>_> the doctor proscribed me too much drugs :cry:
apparently, if i were fat, i would've digested the enormous amount just fine. anyway, i took what she told me and i got sleepy and a headache, and a few hours later i was really really really sick. i got all the side effects + more.:bah:
I just got into Uni.
you have to like write a recommandation or something like in the US? because over here, it's kinda a weird thing to say... you just pay and you're in, so if you don't get in, it would be like they don't want your money :zombie:

>_> the doctor proscribed me too much drugs :cry:
apparently, if i were fat, i would've digested the enormous amount just fine. anyway, i took what she told me and i got sleepy and a headache, and a few hours later i was really really really sick. i got all the side effects + more.:bah:

you have to like write a recommandation or something like in the US? because over here, it's kinda a weird thing to say... you just pay and you're in, so if you don't get in, it would be like they don't want your money :zombie:

You don't write something for most schools over on this side, you have scholars, and well known and respected teachers write recommendations. This is only for the higher class schools, usually they just take a look at your grades, what else you do for the school/community, and decide if you are going to be a worthwhile person in their school.

P.S. Serves you right for not being fat. You should know better.

You don't write something for most schools over on this side, you have scholars, and well known and respected teachers write recommendations. This is only for the higher class schools, usually they just take a look at your grades, what else you do for the school/community, and decide if you are going to be a worthwhile person in their school.

P.S. Serves you right for not being fat. You should know better.

well yes, i know it's not called a recommendation, but it's like a letter to promote yourself, that i meant. they're in almost every chickflick :p
nobody looks at grades here, let alone community work
yey for me :D
to the PS: yes, i know that NOW :cry:

i went to antwerp yesterday 'cause i wanted this pendant-watch from a british store called New Look. and they didn't fucking have it :(
so now i'm gonna put money on paypal, so i can mailorder one. i hope it looks as good in real :err:. i bought nothing yesterday and it cost me 10 euros to go there.
and i already get a discount on train tickets 'cause mental illnesses run in my family
again, yey for me

wat? no grades? driving licence for 45€? doctors who prescribe too much drugs? discount on train tickets for the mentally ill?

<3

Here,beside highschool grades,we have to do some sort of recieving tests.It usualy takes a year for preparation for those tests,for my faculty i had to prepare math and chemistry,plus doing a paperwork as a final highschool exam.Im so glad its over :/

well yes, i know it's not called a recommendation, but it's like a letter to promote yourself, that i meant. they're in almost every chickflick :p

lol@legally blonde.
But I think that's just for the more prestigious schools. My brother only had to do that when he was going to grad school.
I only lasted a year in a shitty art school, never had to do any writing, beyond a small test that proved I wasn't retarded.

Over here you have to first choose four Universities you want to apply to. You send them a "Personal Statement" which is essentially a short essay on why you want to go to their Uni and study that course (also it includes a little bit about yourself). You also send them your predicted A-Level grades and your teacher references, which is essentially your teachers telling the Uni's whether you're cool or not.

Then you wait for the four Universities you've chosen to send you an "offer". Some may simply decline you if your predicted grades are too low or your teacher references or personal statement are too shit. These "offers" are usually conditional, ie: "You must attain grades A, B, C or Three B's at A-level to get a place in our University"

Based on those offers you then choose two Uni's, one as your first choice (the uni you want to get into) and one as your "insurance" choice (the uni you could get into if you fuck up the requirements for your first choice).

Then you do your exams, fuck around all summer and wait to see if you've attained the necessary grades to get into the Uni you want.

So yeah, getting into Uni is pretty difficult in the UK.

We did real life scenarios in paramedic course today. Means we found a person helpless, possibly with a multiple trauma, in a warehouse, spine was all fucked and we needed to get him ready for transport with oxygen/ekg/blood pressure values and to top all that he started vomitting all over the floor when we drove him away from the warehouse. After we had cleaned his mouth the guy got an apnoea and one paramedic gladly forgot to take the oxygen mask with him. That was the only mistake our group made but I'm still happy that it was just a training today.

==>35° Celsius are a fucking pain in the ass when doing such training sessions.

Fuck:lol: Was driving yesterday with my dad (he is teaching me) and some bird came to the road right in front of us...you can imagine what happened. I just hope I wont kill any more birds, at least not before I have my driving licence...last day at school and then weekend, which is full of things to do :/

I hate driving with my dad :mad:

"Slow down"

"There's a stop sign"

"Change the lane"

"Turn on the headlights"

:mad: I drive better than him!!

troll destroyed, thank god. he wasnt even a very good one

agreed.

anyways, had a pretty good, not so productive day.

All went well until I called my girlfriend and instead of hello I just got THUMP CRASH BAM THUD SMACK BOOM THUMP for almost a minute straight *not even exaggerating*. She picked up the phone and fell down the stairs to her apartment. She finally answered the phone kinda laughing and crying at the same time. Apparently she might have broken her ass, so she is going to get x-rays on her ass tomorrow :lol:

I still don't get how it took her so long to fall down the stairs though lol.

It's pretty cool to have a girlfriend who will fall down some stairs and fuck herself up and laugh about it =]