The return of the "How are you today?" thread

I'm sorry to hear that, Nerve. Hope things get better soon and, as I don't really know what else to say, here's a half-ironic, half-serious song for you, doesn't have that much to do with the situation, but still, music never hurts. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^+1, listening to PAIN right now.

Doing pretty good...met the student counselor and got the feeling that maybe after all I have some chance to get to university next autumn. At least she was 75% sure of it :p

I'm a bit worried. My dad has some form of hydrocephalia and apparently it's highly recommended that he gets one of those brain shunt surgeries, he'll get one in about 2 weeks and even though apparently a relatively simple surgery, it's still so shitty to see him so nervous.
Meh. :erk: :(

I'm a bit worried. My dad has some form of hydrocephalia and apparently it's highly recommended that he gets one of those brain shunt surgeries, he'll get one in about 2 weeks and even though apparently a relatively simple surgery, it's still so shitty to see him so nervous.

wtfman-1.jpg

i didn't know adults could have it too :s i've only seen in kids. i hope he gets 100% soon

D:! I hope the surgery goes well!

Thank you both, that's so nice of you! :) Keep your fingers crossed.:)
@Vikk: Yeah, apparently he had it from embrionary state, but only started being noticed when he was 28, he is now almost 50 and he's been living with it all this time, only that, as he's getting older, he can't just sit and hope it's gonna get cured/keep at this level by itself, so this is why he's only getting it done now.
Thanks again. It's nice to get good vibes.

D:

@Vikk: Yeah, apparently he had it from embrionary state, but only started being noticed when he was 28, he is now almost 50 and he's been living with it all this time, only that, as he's getting older, he can't just sit and hope it's gonna get cured/keep at this level by itself, so this is why he's only getting it done now.

Sorry to hear that :ill: I hope he's doing fine now and if it's a minor procedure then I'm sure he'll be fine. Try not to worry too much, I know that's easier said than done.

Man, it seems like everyone is either having problems or has a relative who is...I hope everyone gets better soon.

Touch wood, I don't have any sick(er) relatives right now that I know of...

If it's any help, my mom had a stroke recently, and had to do some surgery to clip an aneurism... she turned out just fine, even though it's a more complicated situation. I know firsthand how *omgit'sinthebrain* these things are, but in his case, that's not where the risk are. If the doctor said it's a simple surgery, then you should believe it and get your mind off it. Remember - one of his duties as a physician is to prepare the family for the worst should it happen. Since he's reassuring you, you should let yourself be reassured.

Thanks so much, everyone. I'd really tell my dad there are lots of (unknown :lol: ) people encouraging him and stuff, but then he'd get pissed at how I'm telling all this stuff on a public forum.
@Leandro: I'm so so glad your mom is doing fine now. 'Stroke' is one of the words I get freaked out with most, since my grandma had that, but she was apparently too old for anything to be done. And yes, I suppose aneurysm surgeries are more difficult than brain shunts, the latter ones are pretty common, even super-old people get those pretty often, cause apparently hydrocephalus also develops at elderly people, in certain conditions.

I feel a bit shitty for filling the whole page with illness discussion though, it really gets one's spirits down, so...dunno, I've skipped classes today and decided to wake up late and have breakfast in bed while reading Madame Bovary and listening to this newly-discovered band Mustache today. Feels good. :cool:

Finally got my drivers license today so I'm happy about that but otherwise waaaay more busy than I'd like to be with midterms. Then when those are done, I have to travel 3 hours every weekend for rehearsal for a convention I'm preforming at till the end of February, so essentially I have no free time till March... still don't know whether to be happy or stressed about this.

Im really annoyed.Some workers have blocked the traffic again.Every time when people arent satisfied with some new law,goverment decision,they make a protest and block the entire traffic in the city.Only in December,there were 5 protests in Belgrade.Idiots.