The return of the "How are you today?" thread

Pah, you guys got Dracula's castle, that's cool enough :D I want to visit the Romanian mountains once. They're drop dead gorgeous.
Oh don't get me started about Dracula's castle. :lol: Apparently there was this ONE thing we could promote big time, and it's that castle. Practically, not even the castle in itself, it would be awesome if it really had dunno, striking architecture or some totally special look, but it's actually the so-called legend behind it, which is pretty picturesque indeed and of great commercial potential. Also, Nessie>>>>>>Dracula. :kickass: :lol:
About the second part of your post, that's true, the nature COULD be really beautiful here, unfortunately tourists don't give a damn about it and you can find junk, leftovers and campfire remains all over the place. One can actually admire the scenery from a distance, but whenever you wanna go hiking or just strolling around the woods, you always come across stuff that SHOULDN'T be there. :mad:

In my experience, the Finns respect other ppl, a friend of mine studied a year in Helsinki and has the same opinion.

And when in a foreigncountry and I say I'm from the Netherlands, the first thing I hear is ''Oh do you have weed??''
First of all, I think it also depends on the entourage and the social circles/environments you spend your time in. One can't really compare a train station or some random neighborhood at night with the environments a student should be frequenting while in a foreign country. But well, this is a double-edged aspect anyway, since I suppose your friend also had to stroll the city at night now and then, so that's not such a valid argument at all.
Concerning the "weed" thing, that's just something every nation has to confront though. Like Romanians with Dracula/Ceausescu/epicpilesofshit, France with romance and cheese :lol: , Finland with :worship:notworthy omgmetalbands etc. Some of them are positive things, some of them not, thing is, everyone has them. :)

there were huge groups of turkish or moroccan youth at that trainstation.. Screaming and just hanging around and bothering ppl..

I know it's just one group, but it makes you suspicious about all of them in the same age and the same behaviour.. the macho attitude..
I think you kinda gave an answer to it yourself. I don't know about other places, but at least here, teenagers, male ones especially, are not really the "highlights of society". Yes, they do lurk around at nights, they speak loudly, they do drugs in public etc. They pick on the girls too of course, and they don't need to wait for nightfall to do that. Of course, that's not a consolation for you or anyone who's upset because of the same reasons, but I think it's not 100% necessary for people to be Turks/Moroccans/Zimbabweans/minorities in general in order to do that.
Romanians do it too. :D :D
Nah, going back to seriousness, I think it happens in most places. It's good that you've never heard of similar stuff happening in Finland, but you can never know what other problems there might be there. :)
Because:
We idealize countries we like before actually living there for a good period of time which means finding a job, an appartment, dealing with the administration (is that correct?), and as polite as ppl can be, you'll always be a foreigner for them...
this.

Also
1. I'm Turkish, therefore 200% subjective. :cool: :lol:
2. Fatass post.

I idealize Norway and i live here. Btw it fucking rocks, the rest of the world should stop sucking already, you don't know what you're missing

I would like to visit Norway, maybe the north. But it made me feel quite sceptic about the people when I heard what one norwegian girl had said about finnish women. Apparently we are all whores :rolleyes: But yeh, talking about the stereotypes, every country has one. I think its quite common that some people in Europe think that Finland=east and next to Russia=one of the Soviet-countries=poor and shitty place.

Well I think you really have to spend time in some country to actually know how things are there.

I turn 24 next thursday....
Germany isn't full of black ppl, but I landed in Dusseldorf and while I was waiting for my train there were huge groups of turkish or moroccan youth at that trainstation.. Screaming and just hanging around and bothering ppl..
Ever spent a night in Neukölln? :lol:
Well I know what you mean but from what I experienced its the *young* people themselves who cause the trouble regardless from where they are.

Those belong to Transylvania, and eventually to Hungary, I mean, I wish they would *sigh*. Romania is just a fake.

Oh, you mean, and eventually to the Slavs, and eventually to the Bulgars, and eventually to the Huns, and eventually to the Goths, and eventually to Rome, and eventually to Greece, and eventually to whoever lived there before... yeah, nobody gives a shit.

Oh don't get me started about Dracula's castle. :lol: Apparently there was this ONE thing we could promote big time, and it's that castle. Practically, not even the castle in itself, it would be awesome if it really had dunno, striking architecture or some totally special look, but it's actually the so-called legend behind it, which is pretty picturesque indeed and of great commercial potential. Also, Nessie>>>>>>Dracula. :kickass: :lol:

Well, the history behind ole Vlad is much more fascinating than the legend :D. It makes ALL the sense in the world why he'd become an ax-crazy despotic bloodlusting tyrant after everyone in a 100 km radius made everything in their power to break him. And succeeded. But don't worry, the comment was tongue in cheek, I KNOW that Dracula is the stereotypical Romanian thing you're fed up with :D

Dracula >>> Nessie cause he actually existed though!

About the second part of your post, that's true, the nature COULD be really beautiful here, unfortunately tourists don't give a damn about it and you can find junk, leftovers and campfire remains all over the place. One can actually admire the scenery from a distance, but whenever you wanna go hiking or just strolling around the woods, you always come across stuff that SHOULDN'T be there. :mad:

Man, that's sad :( I'm serious when I say I think the Carpathians are probably the most beautiful scenery in the world. Gotta hate tourists.

Also
1. I'm Turkish, therefore 200% subjective. :cool: :lol:
2. Fatass post.

Sigara içersen pipin düşer, infidel :p

Well, the history behind ole Vlad is much more fascinating than the legend.
Pretty much, yeah. THOUGH you should check out Stephen the Great's one too. :worship: :worship: He didn't do anything too out of ordinary, BUT he was also a bloodthirsty ruler + the father of half of Moldavia's kids who were born during his life, both of these while being a midget. :headbang: :lol:

Dracula >>> Nessie cause he actually existed though!
WAT, you're saying Nessie doesn't exist? *blink*blink*
NO.:mad: :mad:
:D

Sigara içersen pipin düşer, infidel :p
Iyi ki sigara içmiyorum, pipim de yok. :p
Also, this was new to me. :lol:

Oh, you mean, and eventually to the Slavs?, and eventually to the Bulgars?, and eventually to the Huns(=Hungarians), and eventually to the Goths?, and eventually to Rome, and eventually to Greece?, and eventually to whoever lived there before... yeah, nobody gives a shit.
You don't know shit about the situation, sou you'd better shut the fuck up, alrighty?

Pretty much, yeah. THOUGH you should check out Stephen the Great's one too. :worship: :worship: He didn't do anything too out of ordinary, BUT he was also a bloodthirsty ruler + the father of half of Moldavia's kids who were born during his life, both of these while being a midget. :headbang: :lol:

Never heard of him, I'll look it up. It's BRILLIANT that a midget is "The Great" though :lol:

Iyi ki sigara içmiyorum, pipim de yok. :p
Also, this was new to me. :lol:

Ok, so my Turkish is absurdly rusty... you said that it's fine if you smoke because you don't have a willy? :p

You don't know shit about the situation, sou you'd better shut the fuck up, alrighty?

That's a drama overload there. It's a place that used to be your country's but also used to belong to a fuckload of other people. Stop whining.