The return of the "How are you today?" thread

Why the hell do North Americans call a fringe - 'bangs'?

Does it make a noise? Something to do with sex?

s

Because that part of your hair is called the bangs, and a fringe is s style you can have for them.

Its not North Americans who call it that, its everyone that is not Australian, because, as we've all pointed out, Australians are stupid, and fucked.

That was a perfectly well punctuated sentence, shut up.

I disagree, the word 'because' is used as a link and in place of commas, in most cases there is no need to use a comma before or after the word 'because'.

You also don't use a comma before the word 'and'.

In any list you use a comma up to the penultimate item, instead of a comma 'and' is used prior to the ultimate item.

e.g.

One, two, three and four.

There is no need for a comma before 'and'.

s

It's a stylistic choice and not a grammatical rule. There are a bunch of rules about when you must, or must not, use a comma, and his sentence violates none of them.

It was also a run-on sentence as to exaggerate the simplicity of the point, that it has been argued over and over, and to give the reader the impression there was much more pausing, as if I was speaking slow, to a slow child, or a fully grown Australian man, hurrpidurp.

But I guess that was hard to see for someone who's education probably came over the radio :(

Alice-Springs-School-of-the-Air-_td_475f448b9128b.jpg

to give the reader the impression there was much more pausing, as if I was speaking slow, to a slow child, or a fully grown Australian man, hurrpidurp.

Personally, when I speak slowly.... as in... to dullards.... I use full stops.

:lol:

American English, :rolleyes: it's so uncouth.

lol. @ pic. Skippy, Croc Dundee and Steve Irwin have so much to answer for.

But I guess that was hard to see for someone who's education probably came over the radio :(

Morse code actually.