The return of the "How are you today?" thread

My work is also currently feeding a Canadian Football team during their spring training, and will be for another week and half. I haven't touched those meals, because at the same time its Alumni weekend and there are 49,029,430,294 individually plated meals this weekend.

I might poison the fine athletes of the Hamilton Tiger Cats, pretty soon. Fucking monsters.

Laptop up and running. At first the keyboard refused to work, so i powered down and disconnected it and gave it another cleanup, making sure the connector was thoroughly clean. Put it in, and it worked! Just in full retard mode. press "m" and i got "m-", press enter and i got line change plus an extra "ø" thrown in there, etc. Restarted it, and now the keyboard is slowly working smoother and smoother. No idea why, but I'm not opposed to it. Cool!

Another friend dropped his mobile (cell) in the toilet while taking a piss. I told him to dismantle it as much as much as he can and leave the pieces behind the fridge overnight.

Wrong.
Dismantle immediatly, and place in a bowl with uncooked rice overnight. Will draw all the moisture out.

My friend went swimming with his phone in his pocket for like an hour, worked fine next day.

My brother jumped into the ocean with his phone in his pocket, tried to turn it on to see if it would still work, which caused it to short out and die.

I did that too but I was too drunk to realise that my mobile phone was covered with.. whatever that was :D

Wrong.

Dismantle immediatly, and place in a bowl with uncooked rice overnight. Will draw all the moisture out.

The fridge thing did work so it wasn't wrong, just another method, I've also read you can put it under a light bulb, the heat will help dry it, I'd say a hair dryer could also help.

Some other tips here:

What Should I Do if I Drop My Cell Phone in Water?

if the water isn't pure (coffee, etc.) they advise rinsing it.

There is also CRC spray for cleaning electrical contacts, alcohol based and is a water dispersant. Great for cleaning volume pots.

These things, mostly located on the floor from what I've seen.

computer+tower.jpg

I've always known 'desktops' to be the horizontal ones that sit on the desk.

nec-powermate-ml450-desktop-computer.jpg

s

Right, I've referred to towers as desktops since forever, those kinds of desktops died out aeons ago in Norway, lol

These things, mostly located on the floor from what I've seen.

computer+tower.jpg

I've always known 'desktops' to be the horizontal ones that sit on the desk.

nec-powermate-ml450-desktop-computer.jpg

s

Why are you always explaining stuff that has already been clarified? :lol: