The return of the "How are you today?" thread

Naw, atheism is that you dont believe in a certain religion, i dont think it necesseraly means that you dont believe in any "superior force".

EDIT: I'll be more specific.

Atheism is the philosophical position that either affirms the nonexistence of gods or rejects theism. When defined more broadly, atheism is the absence of belief in deities, sometimes called nontheism. Although atheists are commonly assumed to be irreligious, some religions, such as Buddhism, have been characterized as atheistic.

Otherwise it's just agnosticism.

But it's of my view that absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

If there is nothing to support your beliefs, why believe in them?

There are countless facts that disprove the bibles statements.

I hear yeh, what I mean is that there is no evidence that there is no god. We have no proof that he isn't there. As we have no proof that he's there. And no, absence of evidence doens't mean evidence of absence. For exemple, in that case, dark matter wouldn't exist. Scientist know it's there, but they can't measure it whatsoever.

My theory is Jesus was just a person, with long hair and a beard. What's so special about him? Other than influencing a bunch of people like a motivational speaker he wasn't divine or anything. People just took his word too seriously and back then, divinity was a plausible thing so they just kind of assumed he was somehow divine. Associating him with a higher power is just ridiculous.

Jesus and the Catholics later on, practically did the same thing that Hitler did to Germany.

(In case you didn't know, the catholics are the most deadly official organization in the world, killing millions more protestants in the dark ages than the Nazis killed jews in the 40s.)

My theory is Jesus was just a person, with long hair and a beard. What's so special about him? Other than influencing a bunch of people like a motivational speaker he wasn't divine or anything. People just took his word too seriously and back then, divinity was a plausible thing so they just kind of assumed he was somehow divine. Associating him with a higher power is just ridiculous.

i actually belive in that too, but in the bible they 'overreact' of course

and lets not forget that that Catholic church killed more people than Hitler, much more

i actually belive in that too, but in the bible they 'overreact' of course

and lets not forget that that Catholic church killed more people than Hitler, much more

This is where Deism comes into play. It's basically the thought that everything was created by a higher power, but stuff like miracles or whatever is just fairytale bullshit. It's alot more plausible than the Adam and Eve/Noah's arc stuff.

Also, Doug Stanhope has a good point on modern 'christians'.

Last edited by a moderator:
This video is actually aimed moreso towards Nerevarine. I want you to listen carefully, don't just blindly say "Ah he's an idiot cause he doesn't believe in god". This is what religion seems to be nowadays, this is why alot of people are just taking the atheism/agnosticism route. Instead of half-believing in something they might as well just fuck it.