The return of the "How are you today?" thread

i am kinda very somewhat okay...
exam of history tomorrowmorning at 8.20... it's 22.16, 7 pages done, 56 to go, and quite some notes i lost :s. I'm doomed... and leaving, haha.

No dude, in the religion is so simple than this " You believe or you don't ", is an act of faith, that's all.

Right, I'm guessing (correct me if im wrong) that you grew up with this? That you're parents follow the same religion? If that is so. The would you put all your faith into this http://www.venganza.org/ if you were brought up to believe it?

I refer you back to my teapot theory.

If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.

Yeah, of course it's a joke. But if people seriously DID believe in that for centuries, including you, then someone made a 'joke' site containing 'facts' like Noah and his arc, Adam and Eve, Creationism, Jesus, etc. You'd be saying the same thing about it.

We're not trying to get you to believe in FSM, it's just to show how ridiculous it is trying to prove christianity right.

a whole lotta womannnn

a whole lotta rosieee

but seriously on the notion of religion...

you dont hear it much, but really most of the USA's founding fathers were all deists as well.

to say that "America was founded on Christian principles" is folly, as most of the writers of the Constitution accepted and trusted science far more than religion. the clause about "freedom of religion" was merely to avoid an issue of conflict in the future (a la Islam in Europe today)

Söy;6241724 said:
a whole lotta womannnn

a whole lotta rosieee

but seriously on the notion of religion...

you dont hear it much, but really most of the USA's founding fathers were all deists as well.

to say that "America was founded on Christian principles" is folly, as most of the writers of the Constitution accepted and trusted science far more than religion. the clause about "freedom of religion" was merely to avoid an issue of conflict in the future (a la Islam in Europe today)

Thomas Jefferson, third President of the United States:
"I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature.....Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make half the world fools and half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the world."

yup

ive been to Monticello, his home (TJ is one of VA's superhero figures; i can go downtown and see a lot of stuff designed by him). the dude was a scientist out the arse, but little to nil on the religious stuff.

Thats a pretty awesome thing about America. Whereas in Britain we have "Her Majesty the Queen and her Church of England"

The royals are christian, and the government is supposed to be non-biased. But Tony Blair is a self proclaimed christian :erk:

well look at Germany:

CSU/CDU; it has christian in the political party name :lol:

but seriously... i dont care what one's personal religion is, just stop trying to force it on me.

that's the really bad thing about Virginia... there is little to no moderation in any form of Christian religion.

the jews and the muslims leave it as a personal choice... not so the other forms.

I'm feeling calm and cool and my fantasies are getting the best of me. I want to let my hair down and let it flow in the wind.