The return of the "How are you today?" thread

Don't think so. Way too much a hassle when they'll be back in the next 6 months anyway. Too much effort under shit circumstances for someone I don't know well. I'm avoiding making the phone call atm.

yeah, it wouldn't make sense to go all that way for him. Not only that, you sound like you could use some rest.

yeah, it wouldn't make sense to go all that way for him. Not only that, you sound like you could use some rest.
Meet once under drunken, loud circumstances.
Exchange numbers.
Text randomly for a couple weeks.
Lose contact for 6 months.
"OMG! I'm back in the states! Come to the NY show plz?!? Let's drink lots! Btw I'm newly single and secretly looking for a rebound! Come drink with me?!?"

I don't think so. A certain someone is already annoyed with Creepy Guy... he's just being "nice" about this potential situation.

Meet once under drunken, loud circumstances.
Exchange numbers.
Text randomly for a couple weeks.
Lose contact for 6 months.
"OMG! I'm back in the states! Come to the NY show plz?!? Let's drink lots! Btw I'm newly single and secretly looking for a rebound! Come drink with me?!?"

I don't think so. A certain someone is already annoyed with Creepy Guy... he's just being "nice" about this potential situation.

:ill:

and that's why I spent most of my time with Gojira

In Flames is shit live, and Gojira is a snorefest with epic bass kicking you in the chest. If it were me I'd enjoy doing the papers more.

From which planet did you spawn?

Don't know about you but when i saw them in June on a festival it was fucking awesome. Ofcourse this depends on your demands of a good live show.

Don't know about you but when i saw them in June on a festival it was fucking awesome. Ofcourse this depends on your demands of a good live show.

My demands is to sound similar to you do on an album, not perfect but at least finish your songs properly. Both times I saw them it was bad, the first time was pure shit,t he second was better but I still left during their set.

I do agree with you that they're good live, but the problem is that they play a lot of stuff from STYE and ASOP. I don't mind those albums, but I'd much rather hear them play older stuff and Come Clarity songs.

It was awesome hearing them play "Morphing Into Primal" on Gigantour though. Anders prefaced it by saying "This is our song about sex!" Allie and I laughed pretty hard at that one.

:ill:

and that's why I spent most of my time with Gojira
Yep. What you made bold is implied, of course, but it's definitely there. He's an alcoholic who's still consistently talking about his breakup and last relationship, wanting to hang out with a younger girl from halfway across the world who he knows little to nothing about besides the fact they know some of the same people and both play Gibsons.

He's a nice person but nice people can do or attempt to do shitty things under emotionally charged circumstances.

@Joe: Yeah, i've heard they sound really tired and dull nowadays. I still think that when i saw them it was one of the coolest live shows ive seen! I do believe what you said though.

I do agree with you that they're good live, but the problem is that they play a lot of stuff from STYE and ASOP. I don't mind those albums, but I'd much rather hear them play older stuff and Come Clarity songs.

It was awesome hearing them play "Morphing Into Primal" on Gigantour though. Anders prefaced it by saying "This is our song about sex!" Allie and I laughed pretty hard at that one.

I know but i was not referring to their setlist of choice. More the intensity. Ofcourse i would rather hear more stuff from Jester Race,Whoreacle,Clayman and Colony! I don't mind R2R or STYE that much though. Come clarity i don't dig at all. I would actually rather listen to ASOP.

Really? That's different from what a lot of the older IF fans say. One thing I say on the IF boards was something along the lines of, "They tempted us with the jewel of Come Clarity, and then shat in our mouths with ASOP."

The mixing on Come Clarity is beyond horrible. If anyone ever thought their guitar sound was grainy, listen to Come clarity! The vocals were a disgrace and whiney and the songs just got on my nerves in a long term. Come Clarity is no damn Jewel compared to ASOP. Not at all...they are pretty equal. I don't "OMGGREAT!" any of those 2 but still. "I'm the highway" for example would be a really catchy and good song without that damn cheesy keyboard melody/singing in the chorus :lol: Just ruins the whole thing IMO.

I just try to keep an open mind. I like everything from Jester to STYE(well STYE atleast halfly) very much.

I just try to keep an open mind. I like everything from Jester to STYE(well STYE atleast halfly) very much.

Smart. I like pretty much all their material, tbh. I understand what you mean about the grainy guitar tones on CC, but I would much rather the guitars be a little more raw than have to put up with crappy singing from Anders. He's got a decent singing voice on some songs ("Crawl Through Knives," "Versus Terminus"), but a lot of the singing on ASOP just gets on my nerves.

I still like their early stuff from time to time :p
Lunar Strain, clayman, Colony has its moments but it also has Embody the Invisible :erk: