The return of the "How are you today?" thread

I believe your mom is trying to tell you that you just turned 18 and are still relatively stupid when it comes to making decisions about your own life. I mean you did bounce from one relationship where you wanted to get married to another one in which you got engaged so I think she has every right to be concerned. After all you dropped Chris like it meant nothing to you, so what is there to stop you from doing this again? I think what sickens me most is that you supposedly cared so much for my best friend and then got rid of him like he was left over trash. I hope you enjoy your backwoods life in Kentucky.

It has become quite obvious to me that you only got his side of the story. I knew you wouldn't bother getting mine, which I'm not sure why because a real friend would get both sides of the story. How would you like it if your boyfriend went on about his sex life with one of his exes? Can you honestly say that it would not be an emotional stab at you? If it doesn't take some kind of emotional stab at you, then honestly, I would like to know how you do it because it honestly blows my mind. Anyway, I felt like I was the runner-up next to Kim when he would talk about his sex life with her (often, might I add), which started to take an emotional toll on me and caused my self-esteem to plummet. Do not misinterpret this and say that I was possessive and didn't even want him to be friends with Kim. Being on good terms with someone you once loved is NOT A BAD THING. In fact, it is a good thing. Sure, I'm not on good terms with Chris, and that does look bad on my behalf, I admit, but I've learned from that. (even if you want to make the argument that I haven't. You're free to do so.). I did care for him while we were in the relationship, so your argument about me not caring for him is invalid and should not have even been a factor.

Another thing I forgot to add is the reason why I said my life could have been ruined if I had moved up north. I don't come from a rich family, and even though I have some money to my name, I could not have made it financially. I had planned on going to Seton Hall, but I simply could not afford it and I did not qualify for financial aid. I chose that school to be closer to him if our relationship did last, but that was a mistake. Why would I choose to put myself in financial jeopardy to be closer to someone when the relationship was obviously doomed? It appears to me that I'm not as stupid as you make me out to be when it comes to making decisions about my own life.

Furthermore, the reason I "bounced to another relationship", as you put it, is because the man I am with now makes sure I don't feel like a runner-up next to his ex-girlfriend and returns the unconditional love I give him. He makes me feel like I'm the most important thing in his life. I try to do the same thing for him in return, so you can stop trying to make me into public enemy numero uno because I ended my relationship with your best friend (Oh, and I suppose he forgot to mention that the decision to end the relationship was a mutual one between the two of us). Also, he showed me I could find both physical and emotional love within a few miles of me and that a long distance relationship was definitely not the best thing for me, and if you think about that, it wasn't the best thing for Chris either. It's really not the best for anyone, but somehow, people do make it. I don't see how, since those types of relationships are extremely hard on some people, but somehow, they do make it.

With that being said, I'm not very sure why you are bringing personal matters like this on to COBOT when you weren't even involved in the relationship between Chris and I to begin with. I'm sure he's not going to enjoy his personal matters being brought onto the forum. It really doesn't look good on you. What looks even worse is that you've taken a shot in at an eighteen year old via internet when you are at least three to five years older. This looks very immature on your behalf. It doesn't look mature on mine either, but I am simply defending myself against a verbal attack.

I feel fine

I'm running on 5 hours of sleep across two days... and I'm still baked as fuck from last night.

Kate, don't worry about Allie... You did what was best for you, in your situation and if she can't take care of her own business, and accept the fact you and Chris weren't meant to be, she doesn't even deserve that you hear what she has to say about you.

Chris is a nice guy, and I am sure that one day a girl will realize that and really love him. Allie, I think he's old enough to take care of himself, you don't need to be mad at every girl who tried her hardest to have a good relationship with him but sooner or later realized he wasn't the one she needed.

Kate, don't worry about Allie... You did what was best for you, in your situation and if she can't take care of her own business, and accept the fact you and Chris weren't meant to be, she doesn't even deserve that you hear what she has to say about you.

Chris is a nice guy, and I am sure that one day a girl will realize that and really love him. Allie, I think he's old enough to take care of himself, you don't need to be mad at every girl who tried her hardest to have a good relationship with him but sooner or later realized he wasn't the one she needed.

Thank you, Marie. I'm glad you could understand what I was trying to say.

I feel really sorry for Chris now :lol: Not just because he got dumped, but because he actually had to endure time spent with these asshats in real life.

But hey that's what you get when you try to start a relationship on THE FUCKING INTERNET.

I feel really sorry for Chris now :lol: Not just because he got dumped, but because he actually had to endure time spent with these asshats in real life.

But hey that's what you get when you try to start a relationship on THE FUCKING INTERNET.

Having a relationship on the internet isn't tooo bad, but having with a relationship with Marie... :lol: