The School/Uni Thread

Guys...

We had a teacher NOT qualified in Chemistry TEACHING us Chemistry last year LOL.

Our Anatomy teacher expects us to know Chem, we are all like "uhh lol"

I slept in my Chem class like everyday...

Sometimes I'd listen to my music.

Anyone else here pursuing/has pursued a double major? I'm thinking of doubling up my Secondary Ed major with a Latin major.

I was going to take a minor in Philosophy but decided against it. I still haven't even declared. :erk:

I had to take a couple of philosophy courses for extra credit and it was utter torment. Just thinking about it now gives me a headache. Philosophy and History have always been my least favorite subjects.

What's with all the hating on Chemistry? I enjoyed that class in high school a lot, I kind of wish I got to take it in college. I only get to learn it at a rudimentary level in Anatomy & Physiology - ionic, covalent, and hydrogen bonds, dissacciation, solutes and solvents blah blah... Really, though, I think chemistry is a pretty fascinating subject if you're not doing things like "You have .711 mols of iron oxide, .552 mols are iron and the rest are unknown," sig figs, emperical formula or... what I'm doing right now. I love my schedule though:

http://www.uml.edu/class/docs/Nursing Curriculum for RN Full-time students.pdf

The Avogadro number/constant. The number of molecules in one mol(mole?:lol:) I still remember something. :kickass:
Kind of wish I put all this knowledge to good use.

Doing some field work for my research:
P1010307.jpg

P1010310.jpg

I don't remember shit about Honors Chemistry because my teacher was a pompous dick and sucked at teaching and hated students. One day I was late to class by a few seconds, and he locks the door as soon as the bell rings, so he saw me coming and locked the door right in my face and smiled, then gave a speech to the class for a few minutes, then unlocked the door.

My Chem teacher was completely incompetent, so the class wasn't too hard. Then he retired half way through the year and in comes a veteran Chem teacher who made my life hell for the next 5 months.

You faggots, Chemistry rules

Avogadro's number is 6.22x10^23.

Also, Organic Chemistry and Physical Chemistry are so fucking interesting.