The Tech Question Thread

Anyone who's been to Lower Haight punk bar Molotov's knows that it's not really the kind of place you'd want to wear so much as a tech-company hoodie, to say nothing of a pair of Google Glass. Nonetheless, tech writer Sarah Slocum donned her $1,500 pair of the high-tech specs to drink at Molotov's on Friday night and record videos of friends, and claims she was assaulted and robbed shortly thereafter. KPIX broke the story last night. "I got verbally and physically asaulted and robbed last night in the city, had things thrown at me because of some wanker Google Glass haters," Slocum wrote on Facebook. "Then some *bleeeeeeeeeep* tore them off my face and ran out with them then and when I ran out after him his *bleeeeeeep* friends stole my purse, cellphone, wallet and everything." While Slocum told KPIX she was able to recover her Glass headset by chasing down the thief, her other possessions are still missing, and she's filed a police report.

The incident was apparently caused when a female patron insulted Slocum's eyewear and told her that people like her were 'destroying the city,' and one of Slocum's male friends decided to take the fight physical. Brian Lester, a bar patron who witnessed the incident, had a different perspective on the issue, as he told KPIX: "[Slocum] was running around very excited, and people were telling her, 'You're being an asshole, take those glasses off'...Everybody was upset that she would be recording at a bar at last call, with obviously embarrassing behavior going on around her. People were rather insulted that someone thinks it's OK to record them the entire time they're in public." Another patron concurred: "The crowd at Molotov's is not a tech-oriented crowd for the most part. It's probably one of the more punk-rock bars in the city...No one should be [attacked for wearing Google Glass], but a level of tact in that type of establishment might have behooved her."

Sounds like quality control if ye ask me. These thieves should be applauded for their actions. :dopey:

google_glass_attack_022514_02.jpg

I have it already. But it's only that stupid trial version that comes along with the cpu. I can get product keys that just keep putting off the 30day trial but never the full version to just fuck off and leave me the hell alone.