The Top 5 List Thread

On paper my top 5 looks boring, I like their first 4 albums the most, and the order is the order they were released in. I have been and always will be a Scum guy. My 5th choice would be their Peel Sessions.

I can accept that. But I can't get that someone could have Scum over FETO, with the latter being clearly a much more superior product in, I think, every aspect considered.

Reactions: jimmy101
Top 5 Scum tracks

1. Siege of Power
2. Instinct of Survival
3. Scum
4. Life?
5. Control

Top 5 FETO tracks

1. Unchallenged Hate
2. Mentally Murdered
3. Practice What You Preach
4. From Enslavement to Obliteration
5. Lucid Fairytale

Top 5 Harmony Corruption tracks

1. Suffer the Children
2. If the Truth Be Known
3. Vision Conquest
4. Unfit Earth
5. Malicious Intent

Top 5 Utopia Banished tracks

1. The World Keeps Turning
2. Dementia Access
3. I Abstain
4. Idiosyncratic
5. Upward and Uninterested

I can accept that. But I can't get that someone could have Scum over FETO, with the latter being clearly a much more superior product in, I think, every aspect considered.

Nah, maybe more precise and planned, but I don't always want that with grindcore. I want something more feral, unhinged and savage. Don't get me wrong, FETO is a masterpiece in its own right, but Scum is just way more dirty. Also I have more nostalgia with Scum, one of my oldest favourites and I had it and played it for years before I even bothered to check out FETO.

Scum > FETO for me as well. Though my top 5 are different than yours.

1. Harmony Corruption
2. Utilitarian
3. Scum
4. FETO
5. Utopia Banished

Yes, I like Utilitarian that much.

Reactions: jimmy101 and EspaDa
I actually think Napalm have produced nothing but awesome albums since the turn of the century. One of the few examples of a band having a genuine resurgence late in its career.

Top 5 tracks off Metallica's Death Magnetic (yep, you see the right thing!)

1. The Day That Never Comes
2. The Unforgiven III
3. Cyanide
4. All Nightmare Long
5. That Was Just Your Life

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
Yeah, that seems to be a popular opinion. I personally dig Diatribes, though songs such as Greed Killing & Cursed to Crawl are a little obnoxious, it has some absolute monsters in Ripe for the Breaking, My Own Worst Enemy, the title track & Cold Forgiviness.

top 5 tracks off the newest Diocletian album, Amongst the Flames of a Burning God

1. Repel the Attack
2. Nuclear Wolves
3. Restart Civilization
4. Berserker Rites
5. Invincibility Through Strife

Top 5 tracks off At the Gates' Slaughter of the Soul, which bores me to death nowadays.

1. Blinded by Fear
2. Cold
3. Under a Serpent Sky
4. Nausea
5. Slaughter of the Soul

Just like my Rush discog rankings, this is subject to change except for the first 2.

Top 5 Rush tracks:

1) Distant Early Warning
2) Red Barchetta
3) Subdivisions
4) Open Secrets
5) Far Cry